REFLECTOR: Uneven fuel draw

Lynn Gallup LGallup at mn.rr.com
Wed Nov 3 17:35:59 CST 2004


Keith,
Then just put a little automotive in-line fuel filter in the vent line.
Lynn
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: KeithHallsten 
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Sent: Friday, October 29, 2004 10:19 PM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Uneven fuel draw


  Lynn,

  That's pretty interesting.  I have been thinking of bending the drain forward like a pitot tube to get the same effect.  The one concern is that it may tend to take in debris kicked up by the nose wheel.

  Keith Hallsten

    ----- Original Message ----- 
    From: Lynn Gallup 
    To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
    Sent: Friday, October 29, 2004 7:52 PM
    Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Uneven fuel draw


    I had very uneven fuel flow, so uneven, in fact, that one tank or the other would drain about 3/8 down before the other tank would even start to flow. I traced this to the mini-naca "scoop" on the bottom of airplane acting like a venturi and putting suction on the tanks through the vent line. I laid up a tiny traditionally shaped airscoop, sticking up just 1/4 inch above the fusilage surface, and glued it on over the naca scoop. With my now "pressurized" tanks I have not had even the slightest indication of uneven flow ever since.
    Lynn
      ----- Original Message ----- 
      From: PVTPIL8 at aol.com 
      To: reflector at tvbf.org 
      Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2004 11:43 AM
      Subject: REFLECTOR: Uneven fuel draw


      I am having a very uneven fuel draw in my XL.  My right tank draws substantially faster than my left.  I understand others have had this problem.  I can transfer fuel with pumps.  I would like to know if anyone has been able to do something to get the fuel to draw more evenly?
      Steve
      XL-RG
      N787SB 


--------------------------------------------------------------------------


      _______________________________________________
      To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

      Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
      user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
      Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
      Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


----------------------------------------------------------------------------


    _______________________________________________
    To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

    Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
    user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
    Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
    Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20041103/3fc677c4/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list