REFLECTOR: Pressurized Tanks

Lynn Gallup LGallup at mn.rr.com
Wed Nov 3 17:33:33 CST 2004


John,
I was exaggerating with the word "pressure", I'm sure it is positive but it must be so slight as to be almost unmeasurable. The key thing is that with the change the tanks are for sure not under any suction from the vent line which was why the engine wouldn't draw from them evenly.
Lynn


/a negative pressuresitvit must be al.  Technicallyx 
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: John Dibble 
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Sent: Saturday, October 30, 2004 9:32 AM
  Subject: REFLECTOR: Pressurized Tanks


  Not sure I understand your setup, but I like the idea of pressurized tanks.  I have tank overflow lines that face forward and I could pressurize my tanks by simply blocking the vent at the manifold (tanks and sump would still be vented to each other).  Is there any concern of fatiguing the tanks with repeated pressure cycling? 
  John 

  Lynn Gallup wrote: 

    I had very uneven fuel flow, so uneven, in fact, that one tank or the other would drain about 3/8 down before the other tank would even start to flow. I traced this to the mini-naca "scoop" on the bottom of airplane acting like a venturi and putting suction on the tanks through the vent line. I laid up a tiny traditionally shaped airscoop, sticking up just 1/4 inch above the fusilage surface, and glued it on over the naca scoop. With my now "pressurized" tanks I have not had even the slightest indication of uneven flow ever since.Lynn 
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: PVTPIL8 at aol.com
      To: reflector at tvbf.org
      Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2004 11:43 AM
      Subject: REFLECTOR: Uneven fuel draw
       I am having a very uneven fuel draw in my XL.  My right tank draws substantially faster than my left.  I understand others have had this problem.  I can transfer fuel with pumps.  I would like to know if anyone has been able to do something to get the fuel to draw more evenly? 
      Steve 
      XL-RG 
      N787SB 


--------------------------------------------------------------------------

      _______________________________________________ 
      To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector 
      Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery 
      user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose 
      Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail 
      Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20041103/04caf7ca/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list