REFLECTOR:Round Tire

Scott Derrick reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 29 May 2004 16:59:00 -0600


Al,

You must have a different manufacture of nose wheel, mine is Matco.  It 
will only go together one way.

The new tire the factory sent me was nice a round....  My nose gear 
assembly will thank me.

Scott


At 10:21 AM 5/24/2004, you wrote:
>Subject: REFLECTOR:Round Tire
>
>I mounted a new nose wheel tire I bought from the factory a while back.
>
>Its not round?  I have never had any vibration from my nose gear.  I flew
>to Vegas yesterday and when I landed I noticed a vibration as soon as my
>nose wheel touched down.  After getting to parking I looked the nose gear
>over real well, Nothing loose. Shimmy damper washers tight.  I lifted the
>gear off teh ground and spun it and what do you know, brand new tire and
>its out of round?
>
>Anybody seen this before?
>
>Before replacing the tire you may want to try different orientation in 
>assembly of the two halves of the wheel.  Mine had a wobble and some 
>runout until the second or third try putting the wheel together; and then 
>it was true and straight.
>
>Al


"Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
- Benjamin Franklin