REFLECTOR:Round Tire

Al Gietzen reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 24 May 2004 09:21:38 -0700


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_004E_01C44170.84B36B30
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Subject: REFLECTOR:Round Tire

 

I mounted a new nose wheel tire I bought from the factory a while back.

 

Its not round?  I have never had any vibration from my nose gear.  I flew 

to Vegas yesterday and when I landed I noticed a vibration as soon as my 

nose wheel touched down.  After getting to parking I looked the nose gear 

over real well, Nothing loose. Shimmy damper washers tight.  I lifted the 

gear off teh ground and spun it and what do you know, brand new tire and 

its out of round?

 

Anybody seen this before?

 

Before replacing the tire you may want to try different orientation in
assembly of the two halves of the wheel.  Mine had a wobble and some runout
until the second or third try putting the wheel together; and then it was
true and straight.

 

Al


------=_NextPart_000_004E_01C44170.84B36B30
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>

<head>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii">


<meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 10 (filtered)">

<style>
<!--
 /* Font Definitions */
 @font-face
	{font-family:Verdana;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Nimrod;
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 1 2 2 4;}
 /* Style Definitions */
 p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.MsoPlainText, li.MsoPlainText, div.MsoPlainText
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:Nimrod;}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 62.3pt 1.0in 62.3pt;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->
</style>

</head>

<body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vlink=3Dpurple>

<div class=3DSection1>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>Subject:
REFLECTOR:Round Tire</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>I
mounted a new nose wheel tire I bought from the factory a while =
back.</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>Its
not round?&nbsp; I have never had any vibration from my nose gear.&nbsp; =
I flew
</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>to
Vegas yesterday and when I landed I noticed a vibration as soon as my =
</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>nose
wheel touched down.&nbsp; After getting to parking I looked the nose =
gear </span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>over
real well, Nothing loose. Shimmy damper washers tight.&nbsp; I lifted =
the </span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>gear
off teh ground and spun it and what do you know, brand new tire and =
</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>its
out of round?</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>Anybody
seen this before?</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DVerdana><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:Verdana'>Before replacing the tire you may want to try =
different
orientation in assembly of the two halves of the wheel. &nbsp;Mine had a =
wobble
and some runout until the second or third try putting the wheel =
together; and
then it was true and straight.</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 color=3Dblack =
face=3DVerdana><span
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:Verdana;color:black'>&nbsp;</span><=
/font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 color=3Dblack =
face=3DVerdana><span
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:Verdana;color:black'>Al</span></fon=
t></p>

</div>

</body>

</html>

------=_NextPart_000_004E_01C44170.84B36B30--