REFLECTOR:Living vicariously...

Christopher Barber reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 17 May 2004 14:49:36 -0500


Hey Rob,

Feel free to core dump data on the rotary to me.  I remember your fine
builders site had a solid page on this topic (I miss your builders
page...hint, hint, hint <g>). I will be looking at the Renesis.  FWIW.

All the best,

Chris

Christopher Barber
Attorney and Counselor at Law

"Serving the needs of Senior Texans"

Barber Law Firm
11930 S Sam Houston Pkwy E
Suite 103
Houston, Texas 77089-4755
281-464-LAWS (5297)


CBarber@TexasAttorney.net
www.TexasAttorney.net <http://www.texasattorney.net/>

Texas <http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001>


-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of RJohn15183@aol.com
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2004 2:34 PM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Engines - TSIO520


In a message dated 4/26/2004 10:41:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
scott@tnstaafl.net writes:

> Many thanks for the pictures and description of the 520's.
>

Hey no problem! I am now officially living vicariously through you! :) I had
every intention of turbo'ing my Velo before I broke it and had put a lot of
thought into how to do it that was going to go to waste. Now I can core dump
it all on you! :)

> The engine I am considering is from a T210, prop strike from > a gear up
landing.

A T210<what?> E.g. mine is a T210 L model or year model would be fine too. I
can do a lot of research depending on the year/model

> It sounds like the sandcast  engine though it has two
> alternators,  one in front and one in back.   I had not
> thought about all

Depends on the year model. Very late models (80's) had the dual alternator
option available from the factory but the earlier models had several STC's
available to convert to dual AC or Dual Vacuum or both.  The oil cooler is
on the prop end of the engine though? Right? To me that is the big stumbler.
I can think of a couple ways to feed that guy air but none of them are
simple. Makes me wonder if it can just be blocked off and remote mounted??

Living vicariously...

DM Rob
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html