REFLECTOR:Tow Bar

Fred Marconi reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 10 May 2004 00:25:15 -0400


  Scott:

  I would be very interested to look at what your electric tow bar looks
like.

  Fred

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: "Scott Derrick" <scott@tnstaafl.net>
  To: <reflector@tvbf.org>
  Sent: Saturday, May 08, 2004 10:27 PM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Tow Bar


  > I use an electric tow bar, battery powered that works very well.  I used
  > the same tow bar for my 48 Bonanza.
  >
  > I can't remember the name off  hand,  I'm going to the hanger tomorrow,
I
  > 'll get it.   The handle is the battery case, about 20 D cell nicads
  > soldered together.
  >
  > You have to drill and tap for two large 3/8 allen head screws in the
square
  > part of the yoke.  Then you flip the nose wheel backwards, attach the
tow
  > bar, it drives the nose wheel with a big rubber V shaped wheel rubbing
  > against the nose wheel to move the plane around.
  >
  > Scott
  >
  > At 06:28 PM 5/8/2004, you wrote:
  > >Has anyone out there designed an effective tow bar?
  > >
  > >I would appreciate any suggestions, thanks
  > >
  > >=====
  > >David Doyle
  > >
  > >
  > >
  > >
  > >
  > >__________________________________
  > >Do you Yahoo!?
  > >Win a $20,000 Career Makeover at Yahoo! HotJobs
  > >http://hotjobs.sweepstakes.yahoo.com/careermakeover
  > >_______________________________________________
  > >To change your email address, visit
  > >http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
  > >
  > >Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  > >user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  > >Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  > >Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
  >
  >
  > "Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
  > - Benjamin Franklin
  >
  > _______________________________________________
  > To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
  >
  > Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  > Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html