REFLECTOR:Panel cutouts and labels

Alex Balic reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 03 May 2004 17:54:27 -0500


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--Boundary_(ID_bMyG/S/i0OS7cIl0Umoi5w)
Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT

I just happen to own a silk screen business (among other things) and I was
going to do just that, so anyone who wants their panels done can contact me
and I will do the work for reasonable fee- really reasonable if you already
have the correct artwork on a positive film or some type of graphics file-
color(s) not a problem  flat objects preferred, but I can handle some that
have slight curve to them, major curves require a different but related
process that I do not cover.
Alex
  -----Original Message-----
  From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On Behalf
Of Al Gietzen
  Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 11:40 PM
  To: reflector@tvbf.org
  Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:Panel cutouts and labels


  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Panel cutouts and labels



  Al,

  I used to make one-of-a-kind electronics systems for research experiments.
I tried all kinds of letter transfer methods to label the controls on the
panels. The only labels I ever found that were able to withstand people's
fingers and still look nice were silkscreened onto the panel.  Silkscreening
is a bear on curved surfaces but if you're careful and take your time you
can get nice looking labels.  Ok, I admit it, silkscreening is a bear on
flat surfaces also,  AND there is some equipment involved.  Talk to
knowledgeable people in an art supply store.  Ask for someone who has
actually done silkscreening.

  nolan.



  I'm sure that would result in professional looking and long-lasting
labels, but a level of effort beyond where I will go.  The laser printed
clear adhesive label sounds easy enough, and if they show wear or come off;
just print a new one.



  Al

--Boundary_(ID_bMyG/S/i0OS7cIl0Umoi5w)
Content-type: text/html; charset=US-ASCII
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=us-ascii">
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=GENERATOR>
<STYLE>@font-face {
	font-family: Tahoma;
}
@font-face {
	font-family: Verdana;
}
@font-face {
	font-family: Nimrod;
}
@page Section1 {size: 8.5in 11.0in; margin: 1.0in 62.3pt 1.0in 62.3pt; }
P.MsoNormal {
	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"
}
LI.MsoNormal {
	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"
}
DIV.MsoNormal {
	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"
}
A:link {
	COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline
}
SPAN.MsoHyperlink {
	COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline
}
A:visited {
	COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline
}
SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {
	COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline
}
P.MsoPlainText {
	FONT-SIZE: 11pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: Nimrod
}
LI.MsoPlainText {
	FONT-SIZE: 11pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: Nimrod
}
DIV.MsoPlainText {
	FONT-SIZE: 11pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: Nimrod
}
SPAN.EmailStyle18 {
	FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: blue; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; TEXT-DECORATION: none
}
DIV.Section1 {
	page: Section1
}
</STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY lang=EN-US vLink=purple link=blue bgColor=white>
<DIV><SPAN class=624125122-03052004><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>I just 
happen to own a silk screen business (among other things) and I was going to do 
just that, so anyone who wants their panels done can contact me and I will do 
the work for reasonable fee- really reasonable if you already have the correct 
artwork on a positive film or some type of graphics file- color(s) not a 
problem&nbsp; flat objects preferred, but I can handle some that have slight 
curve to them, major curves require a different but related process that I do 
not cover.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=624125122-03052004><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff 
size=2>Alex</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma 
  size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> reflector-admin@tvbf.org 
  [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]<B>On Behalf Of </B>Al 
  Gietzen<BR><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, April 28, 2004 11:40 PM<BR><B>To:</B> 
  reflector@tvbf.org<BR><B>Subject:</B> RE: REFLECTOR:Panel cutouts and 
  labels<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV class=Section1>
  <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0.5in"><B><FONT face=Tahoma 
  size=2><SPAN 
  style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma">Subject:</SPAN></FONT></B><FONT 
  face=Tahoma size=2><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma"> Re: 
  REFLECTOR:Panel cutouts and labels</SPAN></FONT></P>
  <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0.5in"><FONT face="Times New Roman" 
  size=3><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt"></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</P>
  <DIV>
  <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0.5in"><FONT face="Times New Roman" 
  size=2><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Al, </SPAN></FONT></P></DIV>
  <DIV>
  <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0.5in"><FONT face="Times New Roman" 
  size=2><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">I used to make one-of-a-kind electronics 
  systems for research experiments. I tried all kinds of letter transfer 
  methods&nbsp;to label&nbsp;the&nbsp;controls on&nbsp;the panels.&nbsp;The 
  only&nbsp;labels I ever found that&nbsp;were able to withstand people's 
  fingers and still look nice&nbsp;were silkscreened onto the panel.&nbsp; 
  Silkscreening is a bear on curved surfaces but if you're careful and take your 
  time you can get nice looking labels.&nbsp; Ok, I admit&nbsp;it, silkscreening 
  is&nbsp;a bear on flat surfaces also,&nbsp; AND there is some equipment 
  involved.&nbsp; Talk to knowledgeable people in an art supply store.&nbsp; Ask 
  for someone who has actually done silkscreening.</SPAN></FONT></P></DIV>
  <DIV>
  <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0.5in"><FONT face="Times New Roman" 
  size=2><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">nolan.</SPAN></FONT></P></DIV>
  <DIV>
  <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0.5in"><FONT face="Times New Roman" 
  size=3><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt"></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</P>
  <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Verdana color=blue size=2><SPAN 
  style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">I&#8217;m sure that would 
  result in professional looking and long-lasting labels, but a level of effort 
  beyond where I will go. &nbsp;The laser printed clear adhesive label sounds 
  easy enough, and if they show wear or come off; just print a new 
  one.</SPAN></FONT></P>
  <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Verdana color=blue size=2><SPAN 
  style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</P>
  <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Verdana color=blue size=2><SPAN 
  style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Al</SPAN></FONT></P></DIV></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_bMyG/S/i0OS7cIl0Umoi5w)--