REFLECTOR:Fuel level probe
Wayne Lanza
reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 2 May 2004 00:12:32 -0400
Hi Al,
Your point was understood and I mentioned in an earlier post that the
probes
would work with just about any gauge by adjusting the end point
potentiometers.
This stuff is kinda intuitive to me since I have worked with it for so
long... Please
understand that my comments were not meant to be terse but I feel that
in some
cases a minor misunderstanding (or what ever...) just seems to carry on
and get
blown out of proportion. In what respects Marshall referred to as
proprietary was
apparently to do with the inner workings of the unit. Maybe he should
have termed
things a little different and explained the usage better.
Regards,
Wayne
_____________________________________________________________
On May 1, 2004, at 11:38 PM, Al Gietzen wrote:
> Excuse me, Wayne. This is not about bashing Marshall. I don't
> disagree
> with anything you say; but this is not a case of asking for a
> schematic, or
> details of the circuit, or even anything close to it. It is asking
> for the
> output signal, which any purchaser needs, and has a right to know.
> IMHO,
> refusing to provide that is poor customer relations, at the very
> least, and
> that carries its own consequences.
>
> Al