REFLECTOR:Fw: Speaking of Nose Gear Doors...
Dave Black
reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:27:02 -0500
Greg,
> Now who (please) was the builder that modified the hinges of
> their gear doors to avoid having to notch the fuselage and
> provided a better (overlap?) seal between the doors when
> closed?
Me?
For best geometry, the nose gear Swing Arms should PIVOT as close to the
fuselage as possible. I modified my doors to overlap when closed, in order to
provide a better seal.
> Have already cut out and finished my nosegear door hinge
> brackets (darn it!) but am willing to do it again or modify
> same if there is sufficient advantage on my STd RG E.
If it's working, leave it! I modified virtually everything on the plane at
least once, and look where I am now.
While my mods all contributed to a better airplane, they also greatly extended
my build time. In essence, I've built two Velocities and thrown away one. It
would be better to build two airplanes: The first one according to plans and
the second with all the mods. Then when you finish the second, you can sell
the first.
Dave Black