REFLECTOR:AILERON CONTROL FORCE

Tom Martino reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:01:03 -0700


Hey Don,

I am based at Front Range ... but I took the plane home for wiring, panel, etc.

I live in Franktown!

By the way ... I am convinced the problem is in the cables.  Although they move great (without being hooked to anything) ... as soon as they bend and get hooked up ... it is very stiff.




-----Original Message-----
From: Donald Royer [mailto:djroyer@earthlink.net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 10:42 AM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:AILERON CONTROL FORCE


Tom
You are at Front Range right? While I haven't tested the aileron control
forces on many Velocities, I could come out and tell you how yours compares
with mine. At this point, I would probably drive out because I don't want
to fly into Front Range now because I don't have my transponder certified
yet.

Don Royer


> [Original Message]
> From: Tom Martino <tmartino@troubleshooter.com>
> To: <reflector@www.tvbf.org>
> Date: 3/9/04 12:36:06 PM
> Subject: REFLECTOR:AILERON CONTROL FORCE
>
> Am I the only one experiencing this?  When I installed my wings and
airlerons, along with the associated control cables ... I could not believe
the force it took to move them!
>  
> I double-checked all the rigging and counter balance and am convinced
everything was done correctly.  I even went so far as having new high-tech
cables built.  The results were the same.
>  
> So my question to fellow builders/flyers ... is it just a Velocity
characteristic?  Are the ailerons "stiff".  Is it unrealistic to expect
them to move like a regular plane?
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html