REFLECTOR: Filler for wingtips
aminetech at bluefrog.com
aminetech at bluefrog.com
Wed Jun 30 14:47:58 CDT 2004
Keep in mind that acetone is flammable.
John
Alex Balic wrote:
> Yes, you can't use the can foam because it is not stable, and
stays too
> flexible- even the pour foam is somewhat more flexible than the
blue foam-
> best to make a plug with the blue as close as possible to shape
and wedge in
> with a big gob of micro. If you want to play Mr. Wizard, I made
some pure
> epoxy foam that cured very rigidly- did it by accident the first
time but
> was able to recreate one time for a fillet that I made- mix up
some
> structural, add about 10% acetone by volume, then get it really
hot with a
> heat gun while you are mixing- the epoxy will exotherm, and
vaporize the
> acetone (probably could use alcohol too I would guess) when it
finally cools
> off it will be a really stiff, light weight and stable foam- go
ahead and
> experiment with it a couple of times- it's fun.....
More information about the Reflector
mailing list