REFLECTOR: Filler for wingtips

bdtopp at comcast.net bdtopp at comcast.net
Wed Jun 30 09:14:09 CDT 2004


Keith,
    I talked with Brendan about this very thing last summer and he said there was no need to fill them.  I did not fill my canard tips, and, lower winglets are not filled.  You may want to double check with the factory, but, I don't believe it's needed.
Bruce



-------------- Original message -------------- 

> What is everyone using to fill canard tips, winglet tips, and lower winglets 
> these days? I went by my local West Marine this morning to pick up a little 
> kit of polyurethane pour foam, and the only size they had cost 85 bucks! 
> After re-inserting my eyes in their sockets, I noticed that this kit would 
> produce 2 cubic feet of foam, which is a lot more than I will need. At that 
> price, I could just whomp up a dry batch of Alphaepoxy/microballoon and use 
> that! 
> 
> How about the pressurized cans of foam sealant at Home Depot? The resilient 
> latex type probably isn't what we're looking for, but they may still have 
> the "semi-rigid polyurethane" type. Any other good ideas? 
> 
> Keith Hallsten 
> XLFG - installed rudders on winglets today 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________ 
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector 
> 
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery 
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose 
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail 
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 


More information about the Reflector mailing list