REFLECTOR: Filler for wingtips

KeithHallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Wed Jun 30 01:21:22 CDT 2004


Andy,

That's about the price I was expecting at WEST.  They seem to be pretty
pricy!  I'm still considering the issue; I may just use chunks of foam in a
matrix of dry micro to fill the voids.

Keith


----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Andy Millin" <amillin at sbcglobal.net>
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 9:27 PM
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: Filler for wingtips


> Keith,
>
> Buy the pour foam kit from wicks.  www.wicksaircraft.com  The 4lb. kit is
in
> two bottles of about a liter each.  Probably makes more than two cubic
feet.
> It is about $14 bucks before shipping.  Do a search for "Instafoam."
Cures
> pretty fast and is easy to cut and sand afterward.
>
> Mix it 1:1 and stir like mad for 60 seconds.  Then you'll need to have it
> all poured in about the next 10-15 seconds.
>
> Best,
>
> Andy
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On
> Behalf Of KeithHallsten
> Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 10:22 PM
> To: reflector at tvbf.org
> Subject: REFLECTOR: Filler for wingtips
>
>
> What is everyone using to fill canard tips, winglet tips, and lower
winglets
> these days?  I went by my local West Marine this morning to pick up a
little
> kit of polyurethane pour foam, and the only size they had cost 85 bucks!
> After re-inserting my eyes in their sockets, I noticed that this kit would
> produce 2 cubic feet of foam, which is a lot more than I will need.  At
that
> price, I could just whomp up a dry batch of Alphaepoxy/microballoon and
use
> that!
>
> How about the pressurized cans of foam sealant at Home Depot?  The
resilient
> latex type probably isn't what we're looking for, but they may still have
> the "semi-rigid polyurethane" type.  Any other good ideas?
>
> Keith Hallsten
> XLFG - installed rudders on winglets today
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>




More information about the Reflector mailing list