REFLECTOR: MORE GEAR RETRACTION

Alex Balic alex157 at direcway.com
Sun Jun 27 12:09:51 CDT 2004


Check the positioning of the valve that actuates the gear door piston, if it
does not make with the nose gear strut, then no fluid will flow to the nose
door cylinder... if it is set up properly, the valve will open when the nose
strut is just up, but since fluid is now flowing to the door cylinder, the
pump will continue to run until it the nose gear door cyl is at the end of
travel and the pressure spikes up to shut off the pressure switch.
  -----Original Message-----
  From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Tom Martino
  Sent: Saturday, June 26, 2004 10:22 PM
  To: reflector at www.tvbf.org
  Subject: REFLECTOR: MORE GEAR RETRACTION


  Got the over-center lock problem worked out ... It was the locking bar
binding a bit.



  But then I noticed something else that escaped my attention the first
several times I retracted the gear (I guess I was so excited I did not
examine the nose gear doors).



  The doors do not close!



  I double-checked the plumbing - and all is well.



  Here's the scoop:



  When I raise the gear ... the nose comes up followed by the mains, then
they all lock ... the pump turns off and the nose gear doors just hang there



  I can push the doors closed but they don't stay.



  When I drop the gear ... the nose wheel piston shoots downward with good
pressure and holds it, keeping the doors open.



  Any ideas?




-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20040627/96f8d1cf/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list