REFLECTOR: Re: Toe Brakes

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Sat Jun 26 14:23:00 CDT 2004


Chuck,

Lucky for you, you can disengage the rudder intertie and still have the 
ability to use both rudders as a speed brake.  At least that was posted 
earlier.


I think the intertie is for the pilot that just can't learn how to press on 
one rudder...

Scott

At 06:53 AM 6/26/2004, you wrote:
>The double-rudder trick was a SOP.  I'm having the toe-brake conversion
>installed and haven't flown it yet but I had no idea the double-rudder
>capability will go away.  I used D-R fairly often (to counter sloppy
>flying), more often than I need to overcome cross wind landings.  It was a
>good speed brake; subtle, but effective.  I thought the conversion to the
>toe-brake was a win-win, free lunch thing....guess not.  It must fall under
>the "no good dead goes unpunished" rule.
>
>Chuck
>-----Original Message-----
>From: reflector-bounces at awpi.com [mailto:reflector-bounces at awpi.com]On
>Behalf Of Scott Derrick
>Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2004 3:53 PM
>To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
>Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: Re: Toe Brakes
>
>
>At 02:23 PM 6/23/2004, you wrote:
> >You get to use full travel on the rudders ... with no affect on the
> >brakes.  However, you can no longer push both rudders at the same
> >time!  Not that it was wise to do anyway.
>
>Push both rudders at the same time, not wise!!   I strongly
>disagree.   This is a fantastic high speed air brake and I use it often
>when slam dunked by approach in a fast cruise descent.
>
>Scott
>
>
>"Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
>- Benjamin Franklin
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit 
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


"Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
- Benjamin Franklin



More information about the Reflector mailing list