REFLECTOR: Re: Toe Brakes

aminetech at bluefrog.com aminetech at bluefrog.com
Sat Jun 26 13:44:41 CDT 2004


Well, Jim, I have to admit I do like your style, but not the
friction on my nose wheel
steering.
BTW I tried your suggestion about reducing idle rpm to reduce
landing roll.  Works
great.

John

Jim Sower wrote:

> <... ring gear attached to a gryo device for shimmy control ...>
> Some poor benighted souls  that can't master the ring gear -
gyro
> technology eliminate shimmy the hard way:  They balance the nose
wheel
> and adjust the torque on the fork mounting bolt.  Poor dumb
bastards
> don't even know what they're missing.
> Ain't sophisticated high technology grand? .... Jim S.
>
> John Dibble wrote:
>
> >I was thinking about a ring gear attached to a gryo device for
shimmy control.  I
> >think if the shimmy problem can be solved then a steerable nose
may not be needed
> >because friction will no longer be needed.  Although my V pulls
to the right on
> >take-off roll, but maybe this is a fixable brake issue.
> >
> >John






More information about the Reflector mailing list