REFLECTOR: Re: Securing Wires
KeithHallsten
KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Fri Jun 25 20:21:47 CDT 2004
Tony,
See also
http://www.bandc.biz/cgi-bin/ez-catalog/cat_display.cgi?9X358218#RCT-1 .
I bought the RCT-1 for PIDG type terminals, the RCT-2 for coaxial cable
terminals, and the RCT-3 for D-sub pins from B&C. These tools work well,
and at about $40 each it's actually less money than getting an AMP crimper
with several sets of dies for different kinds of crimps. Then you never
have to fool around with changing dies, either.
SteinAir has just added a line of good aircraft wiring tools, at excellent
prices. See http://www.steinair.com/tools.htm . Stein also has the best
selection of wire and other bits for electrical work. I've bought quite a
bit of stuff from him, and it's been a pleasure.
Keith Hallsten
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tony Babb" <tonybabb at alejandra.net>
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at awpi.com>
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2004 4:23 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Re: Securing Wires
> Can anyone recommend a brand name/ model for these $100 crimpers? Will
they
> also crimp coax or do I need a different one for that?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tony
>
> SEFG
> 60% done, 80% to go
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Wayne Lanza" <wlanza at bellsouth.net>
> To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at awpi.com>
> Sent: Friday, June 25, 2004 1:37 PM
> Subject: REFLECTOR: Re: Securing Wires
>
>
> > This sounds like a good topic for me to address in the next Velocity
> > Views.
> > For those of you who do not subscribe to the 'Views, I will try to
> > forward my
> > next segment to the reflector...
> > If you have any horror stories (short winded - please) mention them
and
> > we can try to put a bunch of problems and maybe a few myths to bed.
> >
> > Fly Safe,
> > Wayne Lanza
> >
> > P.S. N81VA (aka "Big Orange") is flying once again. I bought it from
> > Velocity
> > in november 2002 and have completed an extensive rebuild. YEEHAA!
> > ____________________________________________________________
> > On Jun 25, 2004, at 3:41 PM, Jim Agnew wrote:
> >
> > > John,
> > >
> > > I don't know what type of connectors you are using, however
> > > I heat shrink over the connector and wire to strain and
> > > vibration proof the wire to connector junction.
> > >
> > > Jim
> > >
> > >
> > > --- John Dibble <aminetech at bluefrog.com> wrote:
> > >> I have learned how important it is to secure small wires
> > >> in the engine
> > >> compartment. In the past 6 months I have had three wires
> > >> break at the
> > >> connector. Two were not connected to the engine so I
> > >> think air flow and
> > >> not engine vibration is the cause. I thought the wires
> > >> were secured
> > >> adequately with plastic ties, but I guess more ties are
> > >> needed.
> > >>
> > >> John
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>
> > >> _______________________________________________
> > >> To change your email address, visit
> > >> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> > >>
> > >> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> > >> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> > >> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> > >> Check old archives:
> > >> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> > >>
> > >
> > >
> > > =====
> > > James F. Agnew
> > > Jim_Agnew_2 at Yahoo.Com
> > > Tampa, FL
> > > Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed & Flying
> > > _______________________________________________
> > > To change your email address, visit
> > > http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> > >
> > > Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> > > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> > > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> > > Check old archives:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> > >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >
> > Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> > Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list