REFLECTOR: Re: Securing Wires
Phil Hooper
phil at hdmnet.com
Fri Jun 25 16:43:32 CDT 2004
Wayne, your contribution sounds very promising. This is an important topic
since some of us without experience or mentors really don't know what
constitutes a good crimp, vibration-safe attachment, or good solder joint.
It can be an art and safety can depend on the quality of job we do. May I
suggest a "tutorial" step-by-step with photos, of course. It would be
helpful to place the same photos, and more, in color on the Velocity web
site so we could see exactly what you are talking about. Thanks for your
contribution. You are one of the voices out there that we very much value
and appreciate. Thanks.
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at awpi.com [mailto:reflector-bounces at awpi.com] On
Behalf Of Wayne Lanza
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2004 1:38 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: Re: Securing Wires
This sounds like a good topic for me to address in the next Velocity
Views.
For those of you who do not subscribe to the 'Views, I will try to
forward my
next segment to the reflector...
If you have any horror stories (short winded-please) mention them and
we can try to put a bunch of problems and maybe a few myths to bed.
Fly Safe,
Wayne Lanza
P.S. N81VA (aka "Big Orange") is flying once again. I bought it from
Velocity
in november 2002 and have completed an extensive rebuild. YEEHAA!
____________________________________________________________
On Jun 25, 2004, at 3:41 PM, Jim Agnew wrote:
> John,
>
> I don't know what type of connectors you are using, however
> I heat shrink over the connector and wire to strain and
> vibration proof the wire to connector junction.
>
> Jim
>
>
>---John Dibble <aminetech at bluefrog.com> wrote:
>> I have learned how important it is to secure small wires
>> in the engine
>> compartment. In the past 6 months I have had three wires
>> break at the
>> connector. Two were not connected to the engine so I
>> think air flow and
>> not engine vibration is the cause. I thought the wires
>> were secured
>> adequately with plastic ties, but I guess more ties are
>> needed.
>>
>> John
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives:
>> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
>
>
> =====
> James F. Agnew
> Jim_Agnew_2 at Yahoo.Com
> Tampa, FL
> Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed & Flying
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list