REFLECTOR: Securing Wires

Ronnie Brown romott at adelphia.net
Fri Jun 25 14:52:59 CDT 2004


You will also need to make sure the connectors are double crimped - once on
the wire and then once on the insulation.  I had an alternator field wire
break two different times.  First time was because I forgot to crimp the
connector onto the insulation, 2nd time because I didn't have the tie wraps
close enough to prevent the wire from flopping at the connector.

The double crimping is automatically done with a $100 crimp tool or you can
crimp it twice using a cheap automotive crimper.

Ronnie

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Dibble" <aminetech at bluefrog.com>
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at awpi.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2004 7:04 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR: Securing Wires


| I have learned how important it is to secure small wires in the engine
| compartment.  In the past 6 months I have had three wires break at the
| connector.  Two were not connected to the engine so I think air flow and
| not engine vibration is the cause.  I thought the wires were secured
| adequately with plastic ties, but I guess more ties are needed.
|
| John
|
|
|
|
| _______________________________________________
| To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
|
| Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
| user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
| Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
| Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




More information about the Reflector mailing list