REFLECTOR: Re: Toe Brakes

aminetech at bluefrog.com aminetech at bluefrog.com
Wed Jun 23 19:43:03 CDT 2004


That's a great idea.  It might also fix the shimmy problem.

John

> How about a steerable nosewheel?
> I drew up plans for a hydraulically steered wheel that would interface
> to two two-stage master brake cylinders.  It would allow full castoring
> when the brakes are not applied.  It would move the positon of the wheel
> relative to the displacement of the rudder pedals.
>
> One of these days when I have absolutely nothing to do, I might get
> around to working on it.
> I designed it to retrofit to the existing nose wheel strut.  It would be
> easier for the retract guys than it would for the fixed gear guys.  It
> may require some extra fairing.
>   -----Original Message-----
>   From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On
> Behalf Of NMFlyer1 at aol.com
>   Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 3:03 PM
>   To: reflector at tvbf.org
>   Subject: REFLECTOR: Re: Toe Brakes
>
>
>   Does the toe brake mod help with rudder travel issues? It sounds like
> they
> would be a seperate animal once the toe brakes were installed. I just
> may have to swap over.
>
>   Kurt Winker





More information about the Reflector mailing list