REFLECTOR: Engine Selection

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Wed Jun 16 14:43:15 CDT 2004


Doug, 

I agree that the engine is impressive, and I wish them the best of luck. With 
propellor and airfoil efficiency, I still doubt that the 180HP would get you 
off the ground safely at 9000' DA and a full load at my airport. 

I think that the benefits that you mention are worth looking into but they do 
not fit every application. There are only about 5 airports in the state that 
carry Jet-A,  You can't be airborne at 5500' in most of the places I fly, and 
there are more V-6 engines flying in Velocities than the DH.  

Like I said, I wish them the best of luck and am impressed.  It just doesn't 
fit my needs. 

Kurt Winker. 
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20040616/b4092af6/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list