REFLECTOR: Nose gear fork

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Tue Jun 15 09:11:22 CDT 2004


Alex,

I agree and disagree.  The old fork was designed and thought to be up to 
the task. And from what I know many a bird is still flying with many hours 
on that older design.  Velocity wasn't selling something they thought would 
fail..  When it proved to have a weakness a new fork was produced and from 
the prices I've seen it is being sold for close to their cost as an 
upgrade.  A pretty good deal in my mind.

I don't know how many airplanes you've owned, but I never had an AD paid 
for by the factory, ever.  I paid for them, 100%.

Scott

At 09:13 PM 6/14/2004, you wrote:
>Yea, about that- a LOT of us are having to call up the factory and pay for 
>a properly engineered and constructed fork after paying already for the 
>old style, improperly engineered fork- kind of sits badly with me- this is 
>not like the improved stuff like toe brakes, and ball bearing seat rails, 
>this is an issue that should be addressed like an AD and paid for by the 
>factory, not us..... oh well, I am not going to start a pissing match over 
>it, so I will patiently wait for their machinist to get mine done (another 
>2 weeks I am told)
>-----Original Message-----


"Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
- Benjamin Franklin



More information about the Reflector mailing list