REFLECTOR: Gear Forks
Scott Derrick
scott at tnstaafl.net
Mon Jun 14 20:27:54 CDT 2004
Greg,
>For the benefit of those needing to replace their forks; What was the deal
>$$'s on the upgrade replacement from Velocity please?
Its, "You pay, they ship!!!" :-)
Scott
PS. Just kidding around with you Greg, I have always found the factory
pricing to be more than reasonable.
At 05:47 PM 6/14/2004, you wrote:
>Hey Andy,
>
>I too hoped to have the newer fork (I had spent hours polishing the one
>supplied to remove casting flash and look showy!!) - but I don't.
>
>For the benefit of those needing to replace their forks; What was the deal
>$$'s on the upgrade replacement from Velocity please?
>
>Greg in Sydney.
>STD RG E
>----- Original Message -----
>From:
>To: <mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
>Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 8:26 AM
>Subject: REFLECTOR: Gear Forks
>
>I spoke with Scott Swing about the nose gear fork today. I received my
>kit in April of 2000 and was certain that I wouldn't have the old
>fork. Well, go figure. I to have the old fork. It has the bosses on
>it. I have made arrangements to have it replaced. Scott was really great
>about it.
>
>He did say that the forks for both the RG and FG are cast the same. They
>just machine the fork differently where it will attach to the gear leg.
>
>And yep, the top two forks are FG and yours is RG. The thing to look for
>are the bosses (raised circles on the outside of the fork where the axel
>goes through). The newer fork is thicker all the way around and does not
>have them.
>
>Andy
>-----Original Message-----
>From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
>Behalf Of AnnSam
>Sent: Monday, June 14, 2004 5:14 PM
>To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
>Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:Old Standard Velocity Fuel Strakes.
>
>The two shown are fixed gear forks. The one on the right is the new style
>fork. The casting is thicker.
>-----Original Message-----
>From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On
>Behalf Of Richard J. Gentil
>Sent: Monday, June 14, 2004 3:09 PM
>To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
>Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Old Standard Velocity Fuel Strakes.
>
>Andy,
>
>I looked at the picture posted and mine does not look like either of the two.
>
>162c0d.jpg
>
>
>Here is mine:
>
>162c53.jpg
>
>
>You can see it in High Rez here:
>
><http://www.velocityelite.com/highrez/nosefork.jpg>http://www.velocityelite.com/highrez/nosefork.jpg
>
>
>Richard
>
>"Richard J. Gentil" wrote:
>>Andy,
>>
>>I did miss this discussion, I will look into it right away.
>>
>>Richard
>>
>>Andy Millin wrote:
>>
>> > Ouch!!
>> >
>> > After looking at the pics, I might consider starting from scratch on that
>> > side.
>> >
>> > Also, if you missed the discussion, it looks like you have the old style
>> > gear fork (replace).
>> >
>> > Andy
>
>
>----------
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: 162c0d.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 26045 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20040614/b3abe558/162c0d-0001.jpg
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: 162c53.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 30825 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20040614/b3abe558/162c53-0001.jpg
-------------- next part --------------
"Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
- Benjamin Franklin
More information about the Reflector
mailing list