REFLECTOR:N32XL

Dave Dent reflector@tvbf.org
Sat Jun 5 23:16:23 CDT 2004


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C44B10.10606810
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Dear Brian

My name is Dave Dent.  My story was in the last Velocity Views.  I =
bought Leon Howe's XL/RG from Australia.  I have been flying it for =
awhile now and I would like to start participating with those that have =
been flying these beautiful birds for some time. =20
I have encountered a number of problems I have worked through and now =
have encountered the bad landing characteristic problems. I called John =
and Mary Wright last night and had a wonderful time talking to them. =
They suggested that I write you and see if I could join the Reflector.
 =20
My back ground is 45 years in aviation.  Com.Pilot,Inst.ME and A/P-IA.  =
Started flying in 1963 and have just over 4000 something hours.  I have =
over 1400 hours flying canard type planes.  I worked with NASA from 1993 =
to 2000 dealing with remote piloted high altitude aircraft design and =
testing out of Edwards AFB.  Built a number of planes and test flown a =
few as well.=20

We have two other planes as well. That is my partner and I, A long EZ =
with just under 1400 hrs and a Cozy IV with right round 350hrs.  Both =
are now up for sale because of the purchase of the Velocity.  I have =
been flying the EZ around to different places to put adds up and show =
and tell and rides trying to sell it.  Right now there are a few =
interested in it.  But no money.  Hope to sell them this summer.

I will be bringing my Velocity N32XL to Marysville on the 18th and show =
it with the others.=20
=20
The one big thing I would like to find out is what has been other then =
the vortex generators and fences to relieve the slow speed landing =
problem?  I can't remember ever flying a plane that was so hard to put =
down on the ground, when it flys so great in the air. =20
I have the nose gear problem solved. But there is more work needed =
there.  It isn't over yet. =20

Your consideration in letting me join would be greatly appreciated.=20
Dave Dent
373 Ann CT=20
Livermore, CA 94550
I am based out of Livermore CA  (LVK)
H-925-447-8055
C-925-337-0115

------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C44B10.10606810
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>Dear Brian</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>My name is Dave Dent.&nbsp; My story was in the last =
Velocity=20
Views.&nbsp; I bought Leon Howe's XL/RG from Australia.&nbsp; I have =
been flying=20
it for awhile now and I would like to start participating with those =
that have=20
been flying these beautiful birds for some time.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>I have encountered a number of problems I have worked through and =
now have=20
encountered the bad landing characteristic problems. I called John and =
Mary=20
Wright last night and had a wonderful time talking to them. They =
suggested that=20
I write you and see if I could join the Reflector.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>My back ground is 45 years in aviation.&nbsp; Com.Pilot,Inst.ME and =

A/P-IA.&nbsp; Started flying in 1963 and have just over 4000 something=20
hours.&nbsp; I have over 1400 hours flying canard type planes.&nbsp; I =
worked=20
with NASA from 1993 to 2000 dealing with remote piloted high altitude =
aircraft=20
design and testing out of Edwards AFB.&nbsp; Built a number of planes =
and test=20
flown a few as well. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>We have two other planes as well. That is my partner and I, A long =
EZ with=20
just under 1400 hrs and a Cozy IV with right round 350hrs.&nbsp; Both =
are now up=20
for sale because of the purchase of the Velocity.&nbsp; I have been =
flying the=20
EZ around to different places to put adds up and show and tell and rides =
trying=20
to sell it.&nbsp; Right now there are a few interested in it.&nbsp; But =
no=20
money.&nbsp; Hope to sell them this summer.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I will be bringing my Velocity N32XL to Marysville on the 18th and =
show it=20
with the others.&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The one big thing I would like to find out is what has been other =
then the=20
vortex generators and fences to relieve the slow speed landing =
problem?&nbsp; I=20
can't remember ever flying a plane that was so hard to put down on the =
ground,=20
when it flys so great in the air.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>I have the nose gear problem solved. But there is more work needed=20
there.&nbsp; It isn't over yet.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>Your consideration in letting me join would be =
greatly=20
appreciated. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>Dave Dent</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>373 Ann CT </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>Livermore, CA 94550</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>I am based out of Livermore CA&nbsp; =
(LVK)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>H-925-447-8055</DIV>
<DIV>C-925-337-0115</DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C44B10.10606810--





More information about the Reflector mailing list