REFLECTOR:Confession Week!!!
Scott Derrick
reflector@tvbf.org
Fri Jun 4 21:55:47 CDT 2004
Paul,
Good luck on your first flight.
I took the shortcut and bought a basket case Velocity. When inspecting it
with the A&P I hired for the pre-buy, I noticed a large black arrow on the
nose wheel fork.
I asked him what is that for? He said the previous owner needed that so he
knew the nose gear was in the correct position for flight!!!
Scott
At 05:07 PM 6/4/2004, you wrote:
>I've enjoyed this subject line immensely because I've "been there" so
>many times. My proudest moment came five years ago when I had just taken
>delivery on the XLRG kit. What a joy to roll that "fastbuild" into the
>womb of my garage. But something was concerning me. The nose gear and
>wheel didn't look like it was going to fit into the nose compartment. To
>my despair my observations were confirmed with a tape measure. Yep, the
>gear was too long. After much pondering I could only surmise that the
>factory had sent me the gear strut to some other model. I phoned my
>concerns to Mark Machado who was our West Coast tech support at the
>time.
>
>After explaining in detail the exact measurements, there was a long
>silence from the other end. Those of you who knew Mark know he had a low
>tolerance for imbecility. At length I heard, "Paul, try swiveling the
>nose wheel 180 degrees."
>
>N992PC was delivered from my garage to the airport last week. Yesterday
>saw the successful initial fire up of the engine. What a high it is to
>hear that authoritative growl for the first time! Its maybe the closest
>thing for a guy to experience giving birth. Well, it does prove that
>morons can build a Velocity. But will it fly?
>
>Paul
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org] On
>Behalf Of RJohn15183@aol.com
>Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 7:53 AM
>To: reflector@tvbf.org
>Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Confession Week!!!
>
>
>Whoa! That gives me the heebies just thinking about how close that was!
>
> > I was shookup and hadnt even noticed the prop had actually
> > hit the back of my hand just skinning it slightly.
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
"Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
- Benjamin Franklin
More information about the Reflector
mailing list