REFLECTOR:Confessions Week

Nolan Frederick reflector@tvbf.org
Thu Jun 3 16:54:02 CDT 2004


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C44950.B35240A0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Dear Reflectorites,
    Thank you for the "Confession Week" entries.  They may well be =
embarrassing but they just may save=20
someone from some little careless thing with fatal consequences.  We all =
need all the help we can get.

I think I mentioned this once before but here it is again just in case =
someone may find it useful.
I'm an old motorcycle rider (since 1961) and on a trip to SW Colorado =
one autumn my Yamaha 750 blew
a hole in one of the mufflers.  My wife was right above that hole and =
didn't appreciate all the noise.  I went
to a hardware store and in simple desperation I bought a roll of 2" wide =
aluminum tape.  I wrapped that tape
around that muffler and to my considerable surprise, it stayed on and =
functioned perfectly for several years.
Now, this stuff could possibly serve as an emergency prop edge protector =
IF one puts it on with one of those
1" wide rollers that painters and wallpaper hangers use.  The tape =
should be rolled on hard.  It's the dickens
to get off once it's put on this way.  FWIW
nolan.

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C44950.B35240A0
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Dear Reflectorites,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Thank you for the "Confession =
Week"=20
entries.&nbsp; They may well be embarrassing but they just may save=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>someone from some little careless thing with fatal=20
consequences.&nbsp; We all need all the help we can get.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I think I mentioned this once before but here it is =
again just=20
in case someone may find it useful.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I'm an old motorcycle rider (since 1961) and on a =
trip to SW=20
Colorado one autumn my Yamaha 750 blew</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>a hole in one of the mufflers.&nbsp; My wife was =
right above=20
that hole and didn't appreciate all the noise.&nbsp; I went</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>to a hardware store and in simple desperation I =
bought a roll=20
of 2" wide aluminum tape.&nbsp; I wrapped that tape</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>around that muffler and to my considerable surprise, =
it stayed=20
on and functioned perfectly for several years.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Now, this stuff could possibly serve as an emergency =
prop edge=20
protector IF one puts it on with one of those</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>1" wide rollers that painters and wallpaper hangers =
use.&nbsp;=20
The tape should be rolled on hard.&nbsp; It's the dickens</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>to get off once it's put on this way.&nbsp; =
FWIW</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>nolan.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C44950.B35240A0--





More information about the Reflector mailing list