REFLECTOR: Broken casting on Franklin Fuel Pump

Alex Balic alex157 at direcway.com
Wed Jul 28 23:40:00 CDT 2004


Jeff,
Not to worry, that looks worse than it is:  a good welding shop can fix that
with a TIG weld, and it probably will be stronger than before.  If you don't
have a good welder around, you can send it to me, and I will be happy to do
it for you.

Alex
  -----Original Message-----
  From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Jeffrey Clough
  Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 9:30 PM
  To: reflector at tvbf.org
  Subject: REFLECTOR: Broken casting on Franklin Fuel Pump


  Crud!  After many e-mails I finally got PZL to ship me the new fuel pump
which I promptly installed with no problems...I have not yet used it though.
I was going to install a magneto when I noticed a crack in the corner of the
casting mounting the pump to the engine....I do not think I overtorqued the
nut....they all came off with minimal effort, however the corner of the
casting is broken off (see attached pic).....Is there ANY way of fixing
this? Can it be welded etc? Can it be replaced? Are these kind of parts
available any longer?  Auuggghhh!
   Thanx   Jeff Clough
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20040728/b360e768/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list