REFLECTOR: Landing gear warning

Lynn Gallup LGallup at mn.rr.com
Mon Jul 26 13:07:12 CDT 2004


Check to see if the rod end on the nose gear cylinder rod is unscrewing. This will extend the length of the rod driving the gear further into over-center and messing up the "gear-locked" microswitch tab. Check by using your finger to feel below the over-center bar for a loose locknut behind the rod-end.
Lynn

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Dave Dent 
  To: reflector at tvbf.org 
  Sent: Monday, July 26, 2004 12:41 AM
  Subject: REFLECTOR: Landing gear waring


  I don't know if any of you guys ran into this problem yet but I thought I would throw it out there. 
  With the gear down and locked I am now getting a gear warning audio and red light on the gear control panel.  With the gear up the problem goes away.  The gear appears to be working fine.  I have checked the up and down switches and all are working normal.  
  To me it appears to be a pressure switch problem but to save a bunch of trouble shooting steps I thought that maybe some one else has had the same problem and be able to help me in this.  On jacks it swing normal and in the air today all worked fine, except for the light.   Can anyone give me a tip? 
  Leavening for OSH in the AM.  Will check mail just before going.  I am not taking the Velo. 

  N32XL
  Velo XL/RG
  Dave


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20040726/470d2057/attachment.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list