REFLECTOR: Re: Windows

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Wed Jul 21 13:58:37 CDT 2004


I used spray lat also and had mixed results. It worked fine on the side 
windows, but was a nightmare on the windshield. I put it on nice and thick too. I 
finally discovered the problem:

If sun can shine on the spray lat, even through one of those fiberglass 
hangar doors, it really messes things up!! It won't come back off without weeks of 
work!!  I tried the tricks mentioned on the reflector about putting hot wet 
towels on the surface for a while, and while it helped, it was still a 
nightmare. I tried goo gone, I tried mineral spirits, and nothing worked. I ended up 
scraping it off a sliver at a time with my thumbnails.  Wish I would have known 
about the U.V. problem ahead of time.. I could have covered it with a towel 
most of the time. 

What I do now is:  cover the plexi with blue painters tape. It is very easy 
to remove, but it also has a bad habbit of curling up. So I cover the blue 
painters tape with duct tape. Now it is strong... has some impact/abrasion 
resistance, and it comes off really easy. 

The 
Aluminum tape is a good idea too, but I would put it over the blue masking 
tape, just because it is so easy to clean off the plexi.  By the way, you can 
get 3 big rolls of that aluminum tape at harbor freight stores for about $7.00, 
I think home supply stores cost that much a roll. 

Don't let spray lat get UV exposure, even indirect, for any length of time!   
You have been warned ( my thumbs will never be the same). 

Kurt 
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20040721/5ea12ecf/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list