REFLECTOR: Flight plan code for Veocity
Chuck Jensen
cjensen at dts9000.com
Wed Jul 21 10:12:36 CDT 2004
I'm guessing that the radio reliability of a spam can and a well built
experimental is about the same--pretty good most of the time. The real
difference is not the radio, but the radio operator. It's not surprising
that the Controller would rather deal with nothing but Heavies. But if that
was the case, his facilities handles and movements would go in the toilet
and his paycheck would suffer, then he'd really howl.
So, he may not appreciate us but every two weeks, he should thank us a
little. In the mean time, we have an obligation to improve and polish our
communication and piloting skills and he has an obligation to pretend that
he doesn't mind handling us. I think both parties are doing a pretty good
job of trying in both cases.
Chuck
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Brian Michalk
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 9:27 AM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: Flight plan code for Veocity
Besides all of the RV's, what other interesting experimentals are you
seeing?
On a side note, do you have any remarks about competency (or confidence
level) in radio operations (or otherwise) of spam canners vs. experimentals?
What would you say about the private guys vs. the small commercial ops?
I'm just curious. I have a controller friend, who doesn't really like small
airplanes getting into his airspace. He has lots of complaints about us,
but mostly from what I can gather, it's the inexperience/professionalism
that gets under his skin.
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 1:01 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Flight plan code for Veocity
Mel ( and all)
The FAA designator for any Velocity for flight planning/flight following
purposes is "VELO" and then your equipment suffix. If you chose to be a
little more generic, you can use "HXB" and then the equipment suffix (since
indicated cruise speed is between 100-200 KIAS).
When I provide flight following in our low altitude airspace, I always ask
what type an experimental is. Just curious I guess, and I like to know what
Im working with.
You can always add anything you want to the remarks of a flight plan. Keep
in mind, that a VFR flight plan (filed with Flight Service) does NOT share
that information with radar facilities. If you file an IFR flight plan, the
information does go to all associated control facilities.
I was bummed yesterday when I talked to a velocity on hos way to OSH. I'll
be in the hangar while all you fly in people are having fun :)
Kurt Winker
Albuquerque ARTCC
In a message dated 7/21/2004 1:34:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
PUSHERPILOT at wmconnect.com writes:
> What is the designation for a Standard Velocity on a flight plan?
>
>Thanks,
>Mel Bina
>
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list