REFLECTOR: LIGHTWEIGHT ALTERNATOR
Ronnie Brown
romott at adelphia.net
Mon Jul 19 13:22:40 CDT 2004
Check and make sure you indeed have field voltage (12v) going to the alternator F connection, with the engine off, but the electrics powered up. The big terminal should be showing battery voltage as well.
When you crank it up, the electrical bus should be above 13.5 volts if the alternator is indeed working. As the battery charges up, the voltage will go to about 14.2 vdc, and the alternator will pretty much quit charging except for any loads you have running (lights, etc).
If not, then start checking connections and find out what is not connected correctly.
Ronnie
----- Original Message -----
From: Tom Martino
To: Velocity Email List (E-mail)
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 1:48 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR: LIGHTWEIGHT ALTERNATOR
I have the L-60 Lightweight Alternator and solid-state regulator from B&C.
I fired up my engine (IO-540) and it sounds great!
One problem: When I switch the field on and off, the low voltage light works as expected. But when the alternator is "ON" I am getting no indication of a "charge" condition.
When I switch on the landing light (or anything else electrical) . I get negative amps - although the voltage remains at 12+ .
The wiring is correct . any ideas?
I know my battery was very low . but I didn't think that would affect the output of the alternator to the bus.
You feedback is welcomed!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20040719/860b69c1/attachment-0001.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list