REFLECTOR: Speed Brake
HYTEC45 at aol.com
HYTEC45 at aol.com
Wed Jul 14 15:36:42 CDT 2004
In a message dated 7/14/2004 10:35:51 AM Pacific Standard Time,
sbakr at comcast.net writes:
Most Velocity speed brake installation have a "speed brake down" indicator
light to provide a visual reminder that the "barn door" is down. While I'm sure
the deployment of the speed brake did not help the situation that you
describe in story about the Velocity accident in Santa Monica, I have (on several
occasions) left the brake down while doing touch-and-goes - and the aircraft
accelerates and climbs without any problems. Noted ... there's a whole lot of
"shaken" going on with the air disturbances into the propeller and the climb out
performance is like a Cherokee 140 ... but the control and positive rate of
climb performance was never in question. "Uhhh, I meant to leave that down."
As Forest Gump says, "It happens".
Scott B.
I have to second this, as I have done the same; once; just to see what would
happen IF I ever forgot to retract it ;-)
TEC
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20040714/d113a487/attachment.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list