REFLECTOR: Cabin Heating

David Scharfenberg reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:22:37 -0600


John,

   I don't have any pics and my camera is not working right now.  All that I
did was put clear packaging tape on one door (along the line where the doors
come together when closed), and put a bead of clear silicone on the other
door.  I used a lot of tape on both doors to aid in cleanup.  When cured, it
took a while with a very sharp razor blade to trim the seal flush with the
outside of the door.  I also made a seal around the rear hinges on the
inside.  So far it has helped quite a bit.

Dave Scharfenberg
std/rg



on 1/28/04 11:41 AM, John Dibble at aminetech@bluefrog.com wrote:

> Any pictures of your silicone gasket seal?
> John
> 
> David Scharfenberg wrote:
> 
>> I got the best results from sealing up all of the air leaks that I could.
>> What helped the most was forming a silicon gasket on one of the nose gear
>> doors to close up the gap between the doors when closed.
>> Still looking for more heat.
>> 
>> Dave Scharfenberg
>> std/rg
>> 
>> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html