REFLECTOR:W & B Program

Fred Marconi reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 22:43:20 -0500


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C3E45D.CC0E8160
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Chris:

I just got home to figure my arms, thanks! Soon another Velocity bird in =
the sky.

Fred
N244FM



  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Chris Martin=20
  To: reflector@tvbf.org ; reflector@www.tvbf.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2004 3:05 PM
  Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:W & B Program


  Since some of you are talking about weight and balance. I thought you =
might be interested in this Excel Template that I developed for doing =
Weight and Balance. Just enter your information into the yellow areas =
for your plane. The arms are the distance from the nose to the centers =
of the specific item: axel, seats, baggage areas, etc. in inches. I've =
left my data in as a guide for you The weights are as you calculate them =
on the three wheels. The orange areas will then be calculated by the =
program for  your plane. Then enter in lbs the weight of fuel in the =
sump tank. In my example I have a 4.5 gallon sump tank, therefore 27 =
lbs. When you weigh your plane do it with everything empty except for =
unusable fuel in the sump and full engine oil. Save this info as your =
master chart.

  Now all you have to do is enter your flight information in the green =
areas, the amount  of fuel you carry, weight of passengers and baggage. =
The program then calculates your CG and plots it on the chart. I have =
set the areas of the chart as max. and minimum per the factory with a =
yellow box for recommended first flight.

  Let me know what you think. (Use at your own risk)

  Christopher Martin
  christophercmartin@earthlink.net
  Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.


    ----- Original Message -----=20
    From: Tom Martino=20
    To: reflector@www.tvbf.org
    Sent: 1/24/2004 4:55:08 PM=20
    Subject: REFLECTOR:WEIGHT & BALANCE


    I bought a kit in progress, along with manuals, etc. =20

    =20

    With the help of professionals and consultation of factory reps, I =
am nearing completion (minus pain and interior).

    =20

    I have looked through my paperwork and cannot find weight and =
balance information.

    =20

    I simply want a CG envelope and the reference "datum" used by the =
factory, along with maximum gross weight.

    =20

    With these pieces of information, I plan on simply doing an empty =
weight, calculating the empty CG and proceeding with various loading =
scenarios.

    =20

    Does anyone have the W&B info I am seeking?

    =20

    =20

    =20

    =20

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C3E45D.CC0E8160
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML style=3D"FONT-SIZE: x-small; FONT-FAMILY: MS Sans Serif"=20
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40" xmlns:o =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word"><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3DWord.Document name=3DProgId>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1276" name=3DGENERATOR>
<META content=3D"Microsoft Word 10" name=3DOriginator><LINK=20
href=3D"cid:filelist.xml@01C3E2A3.3272D940" rel=3DFile-List>
<STYLE>@page Section1 {size: 8.5in 11.0in; margin: 1.0in 1.25in 1.0in =
1.25in; mso-header-margin: .5in; mso-footer-margin: .5in; =
mso-paper-source: 0; }
P.MsoNormal {
	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; =
mso-style-parent: ""; mso-pagination: widow-orphan; =
mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"
}
LI.MsoNormal {
	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; =
mso-style-parent: ""; mso-pagination: widow-orphan; =
mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"
}
DIV.MsoNormal {
	FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; =
mso-style-parent: ""; mso-pagination: widow-orphan; =
mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"
}
A:link {
	COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; text-underline: single
}
SPAN.MsoHyperlink {
	COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; text-underline: single
}
A:visited {
	COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; text-underline: single
}
SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {
	COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; text-underline: single
}
SPAN.EmailStyle17 {
	COLOR: windowtext; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-style-type: =
personal-compose; mso-style-noshow: yes; mso-ansi-font-size: 10.0pt; =
mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt; mso-ascii-font-family: Arial; =
mso-hansi-font-family: Arial; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial
}
SPAN.SpellE {
	mso-style-name: ""; mso-spl-e: yes
}
DIV.Section1 {
	page: Section1
}
</STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY lang=3DEN-US style=3D"tab-interval: .5in" vLink=3Dpurple =
link=3Dblue=20
bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Chris:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>I just got home to figure my arms, <FONT=20
size=3D7>thanks!</FONT><FONT size=3D2> Soon another Velocity bird in the =

sky.</FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Fred</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>N244FM</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dchristophercmartin@earthlink.net=20
  href=3D"mailto:christophercmartin@earthlink.net">Chris Martin</A> =
</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A> ; <A=20
  title=3Dreflector@www.tvbf.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:reflector@www.tvbf.org">reflector@www.tvbf.org</A> =
</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Sunday, January 25, 2004 =
3:05=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> RE: REFLECTOR:W &amp; =
B=20
  Program</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>Since some of you are talking about weight and balance. I thought =
you=20
  might be interested in this Excel Template that I developed for doing =
Weight=20
  and Balance.&nbsp;Just enter your information into the yellow areas =
for your=20
  plane. The arms are the distance from the nose to the centers of the =
specific=20
  item: axel, seats, baggage areas, etc. in inches. I've left my data in =
as a=20
  guide for you&nbsp;The weights are as you calculate them on the three =
wheels.=20
  The orange areas will then be calculated by the program for&nbsp; your =

  plane.&nbsp;Then enter in lbs the weight of fuel in the sump tank. In =
my=20
  example I have a 4.5 gallon sump tank, therefore 27 lbs. When you =
weigh your=20
  plane do it with everything empty except for unusable fuel in the sump =
and=20
  full engine oil. Save this info as your master chart.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Now all you have to do is enter your flight information in the =
green=20
  areas, the amount&nbsp; of fuel you carry, weight of passengers and =
baggage.=20
  The program then calculates your CG and plots it on the chart. I have =
set the=20
  areas of the chart as max. and minimum per the factory with a yellow =
box for=20
  recommended first flight.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Let me know what you think. (Use at your own risk)</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>
  <DIV>Christopher Martin</DIV>
  <DIV><A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:christophercmartin@earthlink.net">christophercmartin@earth=
link.net</A></DIV>
  <DIV>Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE=20
  style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid">
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
    <DIV=20
    style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
    <A title=3Dtmartino@troubleshooter.com=20
    href=3D"mailto:tmartino@troubleshooter.com">Tom Martino</A> </DIV>
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To: </B><A =
title=3Dreflector@www.tvbf.org=20
    =
href=3D"mailto:reflector@www.tvbf.org">reflector@www.tvbf.org</A></DIV>
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> 1/24/2004 4:55:08 PM =
</DIV>
    <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> REFLECTOR:WEIGHT =
&amp;=20
    BALANCE</DIV>
    <DIV><BR></DIV><FONT size=3D2>
    <DIV class=3DSection1>
    <P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20
    style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">I bought a kit in =
progress,=20
    along with manuals, etc. <SPAN=20
    style=3D"mso-spacerun: =
yes">&nbsp;</SPAN><o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
    <P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20
    style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: =
Arial"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
    <P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20
    style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">With the help of =
professionals=20
    and consultation of factory reps, I am nearing completion (minus =
pain and=20
    interior).<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
    <P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20
    style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: =
Arial"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
    <P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20
    style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">I have looked through =
my=20
    paperwork and cannot find weight and balance=20
    information.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
    <P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20
    style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: =
Arial"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
    <P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20
    style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">I simply want a CG =
envelope and=20
    the reference =93datum=94 used by the factory, along with maximum =
gross=20
    weight.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
    <P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20
    style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: =
Arial"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
    <P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20
    style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">With these pieces of=20
    information, I plan on simply doing an empty weight, calculating the =
empty=20
    CG and proceeding with various loading=20
    scenarios.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
    <P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20
    style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: =
Arial"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
    <P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20
    style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Does anyone have the =
W&amp;B=20
    info I am seeking?<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
    <P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20
    style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><SPAN=20
    style=3D"mso-spacerun: =
yes">&nbsp;</SPAN><o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
    <P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20
    style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: =
Arial"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
    <P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3><SPAN=20
    style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-no-proof: =
yes">&nbsp;</SPAN><o:p></o:p></FONT></P>
    <P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3><SPAN=20
    style=3D"FONT-SIZE: =
12pt"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></SPAN></FONT></P></DIV></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOC=
KQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C3E45D.CC0E8160--