REFLECTOR:Re: Vortilons ...

Jim Sower reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 20:36:27 -0600


--------------E0255B81C959AA491ED764EB
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<... I would not lightly mess with the aerodynamic design of the Velocity. But I'm
certainly open to new information ...>
True enough.  But I've seen nothing that moots vortilons.  Fences enhance them.  VGs
supplement them (enhance stuff unrelated to vortilons).  Nothing renders them
UNimportant, or even significantly LESS important.
And what does it cost to leave them on? .... Jim S.

Dave Black wrote:

> Jim,
>
> > Be careful.  Burt has been as adamant about never messing with
> > or removing vortilons
>
> Is it possible Burt said this BEFORE anyone tried vortex generators?
>
> > I'm inclined to believe that Burt's science trumps
> > anybody's anecdotal experience.
>
> Burt knows more about aircraft than nearly anyone. Still, sometimes new
> technologies become available which change the rules a bit. I would not
> lightly mess with the aerodynamic design of the Velocity. But I'm certainly
> open to new information.
>
> Dave Black
> Shortwing RG
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

--------------E0255B81C959AA491ED764EB
Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en">
<html>
&lt;... I would not lightly mess with the aerodynamic design of the Velocity.
But I'm certainly open to new information ...>
<br>True enough.&nbsp; But I've seen <b>nothing</b> that moots vortilons.&nbsp;
Fences enhance them.&nbsp; VGs supplement them (enhance stuff unrelated
to vortilons).&nbsp; Nothing renders them UNimportant, or even significantly
LESS important.
<br>And what does it cost to leave them on? .... Jim S.
<p>Dave Black wrote:
<blockquote TYPE=CITE>Jim,
<p>> Be careful.&nbsp; Burt has been as adamant about never messing with
<br>> or removing vortilons
<p>Is it possible Burt said this BEFORE anyone tried vortex generators?
<p>> I'm inclined to believe that Burt's science trumps
<br>> anybody's anecdotal experience.
<p>Burt knows more about aircraft than nearly anyone. Still, sometimes
new
<br>technologies become available which change the rules a bit. I would
not
<br>lightly mess with the aerodynamic design of the Velocity. But I'm certainly
<br>open to new information.
<p>Dave Black
<br>Shortwing RG
<br>_______________________________________________
<br>To change your email address, visit <a href="http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector">http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector</a></blockquote>
</html>

--------------E0255B81C959AA491ED764EB--