REFLECTOR:Trailing Edge Fences

jack davis reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 14:45:40 -0500


I have a standard RG Elite and only have the VGs (i.e., no vortilons).  The
aircraft handles very well even at very low landing speeds.  In fact, I have
immediate aileron control right down to touch down with no need of the
rudders.  I flew it once without the VGs and at slow speeds it wollows in
the wind without rudder input.

Therefore, I would disagree and say that you don't need the vortilons if you
have the VGs installed.  Just my experience . . .

Jack
----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott" <scott@tnstaafl.net>
To: <reflector@tvbf.org>
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2004 10:48 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Trailing Edge Fences


> I wouldn't.
>
> Per the factory and everything else I've read you should always have the
> Vortilons installed.  Flying may be done without them for testing but you
> must insure your CG is well forward .
>
> The VG's do an entirely different job as compared to what Vortilons do for
> you.
>
> Actually the job of Vortilons is more similar to what the aft Fence does,
> as in reducing side ways flow across the wing.
>
> Scott
>
> At 01:34 PM 1/23/2004, you wrote:
> >XL as the other models. Do most people take off the
> >vortilons when they install the VG's on the wing??
> >
> >Pat
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>