REFLECTOR:Trailing Edge Fences
Pat Shea
reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 12:34:34 -0800 (PST)
To compare apples to apples, it would help to know
which model/wing and if vortilons are installed or
not. I believe Scott B. indicated the VG's, as
installed by the factory, are not as affective on the
XL as the other models. Do most people take off the
vortilons when they install the VG's on the wing??
Pat
--- Jim Sower <canarder@frontiernet.net> wrote:
> I haven't installed them, but if/when I do, it will
> be in conjunction with VGs. I
> believe the VGs should enhance fence performance.
> The test, of course, is if folks
> with only fences don't find they help any, and I
> find they do. But we need as many
> data points as we can get.
> Just a theory .... Jim S.
>
> Nolan Frederick wrote:
>
> > Jean Prudhomme had them on his yellow bird. I
> asked him if they made a
> > noticeable difference. He didn't have much to say
> about them. It would
> > probably be a good idea to ask him about them.
> > nolan.
> >
> > ----- Original Message -----
> > From: "Dave Teter" <ezaviator@truetechsys.com>
> > To: <reflector@tvbf.org>
> > Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2004 5:15 PM
> > Subject: REFLECTOR:Trailing Edge Fences
> >
> > > Is anybody flying a Velocity with trailing edge
> fences? If so, what's your
> > > comment on benefit?
> > >
> > > Dave
> > > 173 FG Elite
> > > N127DH
__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free web site building tool. Try it!
http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/