REFLECTOR:Homeowner's Policy

Greg Poole reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 08:07:43 +1100


Yep, I did the same  down here in Oz as Larry did. I told my existing home
insurer that I was building an aeroplane at home with parts worth X. They
noted that and covered it under my contents.

I have been amazed to date at people paying ridiculous money to insure
separately as an aircraft not in motion. While it may be cheaper than in
motion insurance, it is many times more than what I pay as part of home
contents. ...Save your $$'s!

Greg in Sydney.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "lawrence epstein" <ljepstein@hotmail.com>
To: <reflector@tvbf.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2004 7:14 AM
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:Homeowner's Policy


> All you have to do is list it on your policy as aircraft/hobby parts with
a
> value.  Protected against fire/theft/flood under the same policy as
anything
> else in your house.
> It aint an aircraft until the govt says so!
>
> LJE
>
>
> >From: "Andy Millin" <amillin@sbcglobal.net>
> >Reply-To: reflector@tvbf.org
> >To: <reflector@tvbf.org>
> >Subject: REFLECTOR:Homeowner's Policy
> >Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 15:03:18 -0500
> >
> >Larry,
> >
> >Wow!  You're the first.  We're you able to get them to put that in
> >writing.  My agent was honest enough to say that I might get someone to
> >say that I was covered, but there would be a very high probability that
> >I would get the rejection on the claim.
> >
> >Andy
> >
> >-----Original Message-----
> >From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org] On
> >Behalf Of lawrence epstein
> >Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 2:55 PM
> >To: reflector@tvbf.org
> >Subject: RE: REFLECTOR:Builder's Insurance
> >
> >
> >I am not quite sure why you would need to insure this as an "aircraft"
> >before it is signed off.
> >
> >I have my project in my Garage  (wings out back!).  I am covered by my
> >homeowners policy & have verified this a number of times.
> >
> >Larry Epstein
> >
> >
> >
> >_______________________________________________
> >To change your email address, visit
> >http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >
> >Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> >user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> >Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> >Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
> _________________________________________________________________
> Check out the coupons and bargains on MSN Offers!
> http://shopping.msn.com/softcontent/softcontent.aspx?scmId=1418
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html