REFLECTOR:Builder's Insurance

Chuck Jensen reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 17 Jan 2004 11:47:51 -0500


This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3DD19.A531DE00
Content-Type: text/plain

I don't know if people were saying Pam is great.....maybe that she may just
be better than the rest; which is faint praise.  It's not a perfect solution
but if you have a question whether someone really is covered, send her a
certified letter saying to the effect that "from my request and our
subsequent discussion, I understand that Mr. Joe Smith, 112 Anywhere,
Flightsville, FL is covered by a policy rider under my policy, and for the
same coverage, as I have under policy number 666.  If this is not the case,
please advise immediately.  If I have not heard from you in 10 business days
from the date of the letter, I will understand he is covered and not further
action is required on my behalf.  If this is not correct, please advise
immediately"  
 
This isn't a perfect solution but close to it.  It will definitely smoke her
(or any agent) out.  Pam may not be overly responsive and diligent, but she
is still legally an "agent" of the insurance company.  If she doesn't
respond in the negative to your letter, you will have at least half the
battle won proving/claiming coverage for the fellow.  It's a lousy way to
have to conduct business but written (and certified) wins the war everytime.
There are only three important things to remember when there is a dispute or
potential for misunderstanding, 1) document, 2) document, 3) document.  Of
course, that assumes one is in the right. If you're not, you want to talk
about phantom phone calls and declare "that's not what I understood."  That,
and a quarter, will get you a half a cup of day old coffee.
 
Keep after her.
 
Chuck Jensen 
 

 -----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On Behalf Of
NMFlyer1@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, January 17, 2004 11:17 AM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Builder's Insurance



I talked to Pam at AUA for my insurance on my Cherokee 235. She is
absolutely horrible. She doesn't return calls, she gets information wrong
even after you tell her what it is supposed to be, she leaves things out of
the quotes (like you have to join Vintage aircraft to get the rate she
quoted). She did provide me with a quote on my V once it is done, and for
the same coverage that I have on the 235, the quote was over twice as much. 
I have been waiting for 4 months for her to add a name to my 235 policy, and
she still hasn't done it. 
 
As bad as she has been in my experience, I really wonder if I am covered as
she says. 
One thing is for sure, I will NEVER use her again. 
 
Kurt Winker


------_=_NextPart_001_01C3DD19.A531DE00
Content-Type: text/html

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=us-ascii">


<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1276" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff">
<DIV><SPAN class=281242716-17012004>I don't know if people were saying&nbsp;Pam 
is great.....maybe that she may just be better than the rest; which is faint 
praise.&nbsp; It's not a perfect solution but if you have a&nbsp;question 
whether someone really is covered, send her a certified letter saying to the 
effect that "from my request and our subsequent discussion, I understand that 
Mr. Joe Smith, 112 Anywhere, Flightsville, FL is covered by a policy rider under 
my policy, and&nbsp;for the same coverage, as I have under policy number 
666.&nbsp; If this is not the case, please advise immediately.&nbsp; If I have 
not heard from you in 10 business days from the date of the letter, I will 
understand he is covered and not further action is required on my behalf.&nbsp; 
If this is not correct, please advise immediately"&nbsp; </SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=281242716-17012004></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=281242716-17012004>This isn't a perfect solution but close to 
it.&nbsp; It will definitely smoke her&nbsp;(or any agent) out. &nbsp;Pam may 
not be overly responsive and diligent, but she is still&nbsp;legally an "agent" 
of the insurance company.&nbsp; If she doesn't respond in the negative to your 
letter, you will have at least half the battle won proving/claiming coverage for 
the fellow.&nbsp; It's a lousy way to have to conduct business but written (and 
certified) wins the war everytime.&nbsp; There are only three important things 
to remember when there is a dispute or potential for misunderstanding, 1) 
document, 2) document, 3) document.&nbsp; Of course, that assumes one is in the 
right.&nbsp;If you're not, you want to talk about phantom phone calls and 
declare "that's not what I understood."&nbsp; That, and a quarter, will get you 
a half a cup of day old coffee.</SPAN></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=281242716-17012004>Keep after her.</SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=281242716-17012004></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Chuck Jensen&nbsp;<BR><FONT face=Tahoma><SPAN 
class=281242716-17012004><FONT face=Arial>&nbsp;</FONT></SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<P><FONT face=Tahoma><SPAN class=281242716-17012004>&nbsp;</SPAN>-----Original 
Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> reflector-admin@tvbf.org 
[mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]<B>On Behalf Of 
</B>NMFlyer1@aol.com<BR><B>Sent:</B> Saturday, January 17, 2004 11:17 
AM<BR><B>To:</B> reflector@tvbf.org<BR><B>Subject:</B> Re: REFLECTOR:Builder's 
Insurance<BR><BR></P></FONT>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV>I talked to Pam at AUA for my insurance on my Cherokee 235. She is 
  absolutely horrible. She doesn't return calls, she gets information wrong even 
  after you tell her what it is supposed to be, she leaves things out of the 
  quotes (like you have to join Vintage aircraft to get the rate she quoted). 
  She did provide me with a quote on my <STRONG>V</STRONG> once it is done, and 
  for the same coverage that I have on the 235, the quote was over twice as 
  much. </DIV>
  <DIV>I have been waiting for 4 months for her to add a name to my 235 policy, 
  and she still hasn't done it. </DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>As bad as she has been in my experience, I really wonder if I am covered 
  as she says. </DIV>
  <DIV>One thing is for sure, I will NEVER use her again. </DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Kurt Winker</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3DD19.A531DE00--