REFLECTOR:Door Lip Micro

Pat Shea reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 11:27:03 -0800 (PST)


Craig,

I used an epoxy (West) and straight flox mixture to
fill these gaps. As Alex said, it's a little harder to
sand but not too bad - and you'll end up w/ stronger
lips. Flox ends up being a lighter mix than milled
glass and tends to "stand up" or "stick" better which
I liked. I wouldn't recommend using cabosil. It
doesn't add any material strength, and although it may
make the mix a little thicker I found it also caused
it to run over time (after all, it is a silica).

Pat 
 
--- alex157@direcway.com wrote:
> Craig-
> I put 3 lauers of duct tape on the door lips and
> hatch (for spacing) then mixed up some thin micro,
> and thickened it with milled glass fiber- it is just
> a little tough to sand, but not too bad, and it is a
> lot stronger than plain micro.
> 
> Alex
> 
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Craig and/or Denise Woolston
> <cdwoolston@earthlink.net>
> Date: Friday, January 16, 2004 9:11 am
> Subject: REFLECTOR:Door Lip Micro
> 
> > It's time to fill around the door lip, speed brake
> and hatch 
> > covers.  What
> > have people used as a micro mixture?  Added cab-o
> or flox for 
> > increasedstrength?
> > 
> > Craig
> > !----------------------------!
> > ! Craig Woolston             !
> > ! XL-FG in Palmdale, CA      !
> > ! cdwoolston@earthlink.net   !
> > !----------------------------!



__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Hotjobs: Enter the "Signing Bonus" Sweepstakes
http://hotjobs.sweepstakes.yahoo.com/signingbonus