REFLECTOR: Frankliln/IVO & Mike Watson

Rodney Brim reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 15:13:50 -0800


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_007D_01C3D467.B1531D00
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Mike
I went the route from armpit scoops to naca and wish I hadn't.  Temperatures
are slightly higher at cruise, but significantly higher at climb out (more
than 30 degrees).  Temperatures at taxi are roughly equivalent.  Mine can
heat up to 360 CHTs if I'm stuck waiting on a hot day.  My 520 has Lycon's
10to1 pistons, so it  runs hotter than stock.  No change in cruise speed.

Rodney Brim, -----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On Behalf Of
MikeWatsonSpg@cs.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 2:19 PM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Frankliln/IVO & Mike Watson


  Hi Jack,

  Thanks for the offer. I have been flying mine for the past six years now.

  The only question I really have is, if anyone have changed from the armpit
  scoops to the overhead Nacca scoops, did they see a reduction in CHT
  temps during long taxi on hot days.

  Regards,

  Mike Watson

------=_NextPart_000_007D_01C3D467.B1531D00
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii">


<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1276" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20
class=3D023075922-06012004>Mike</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN class=3D023075922-06012004>I went =
the route=20
from armpit scoops to naca and wish I hadn't.&nbsp; Temperatures=20
are&nbsp;slightly higher at cruise, but significantly higher at climb =
out (more=20
than 30 degrees).&nbsp; Temperatures at taxi are roughly =
equivalent.&nbsp; Mine=20
can heat up to 360 CHTs if I'm stuck waiting on a hot day.&nbsp; My 520 =
has=20
Lycon's 10to1 pistons, so it&nbsp; runs hotter than stock.&nbsp; No =
change in=20
cruise speed.&nbsp; </SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20
class=3D023075922-06012004></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV align=3Dleft><FONT face=3D"Rage Italic" color=3D#000080 =
size=3D4><STRONG>Rodney=20
Brim, </STRONG></FONT><FONT face=3DTahoma size=3D2>-----Original=20
Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> reflector-admin@tvbf.org=20
[mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]<B>On Behalf Of=20
</B>MikeWatsonSpg@cs.com<BR><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, January 06, 2004 2:19=20
PM<BR><B>To:</B> reflector@tvbf.org<BR><B>Subject:</B> Re: REFLECTOR:=20
Frankliln/IVO &amp; Mike Watson<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE><FONT face=3Darial,helvetica><FONT lang=3D0 face=3DArial =
size=3D2=20
  FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" PTSIZE=3D"10">Hi Jack,<BR><BR>Thanks for the =
offer. I have=20
  been flying mine for the past six years now.<BR><BR>The only question =
I really=20
  have is, if anyone have changed from the armpit<BR>scoops to the =
overhead=20
  Nacca scoops, did they see a reduction in CHT<BR>temps during long =
taxi on hot=20
  days.<BR><BR>Regards,<BR><BR>Mike Watson</FONT>=20
</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_007D_01C3D467.B1531D00--