REFLECTOR:Testing MGW

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 11:08:32 EST


-------------------------------1073750912
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

  Yes, you are correct no structure testing is required for our experimental 
homebilt, but the question is what is the Max certified gross wt for the XL-5?
 My operation limitation say when signing off phase one you are required to 
state al the 
V speeds and gross weight for the test. I used sand bags and full fuel. I 
have only operated at 3000lbs three times and never landed at gross weight. when 
our gear flailed we were munch lighter. I promise to continue to make soft 
nose landing. I know the factory can't guarantee the nose gear but this new leg 
is munch stronger.
Thanks for all your help
Mack 

-------------------------------1073750912
Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUTF-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fffff=
f">
<DIV><EM><FONT color=3D#0000ff>&nbsp; Yes, you are correct no structure test=
ing is required for our experimental homebilt,&nbsp;but the question is&nbsp=
;what is the Max certified gross wt for the XL-5?</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT color=3D#0000ff>&nbsp;My operation limitation say when signin=
g off phase one you are required to state al the </FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT color=3D#0000ff>V&nbsp;speeds and gross weight for the test.=20=
I used sand bags and full fuel. I have only operated at 3000lbs three times=20=
and never landed at gross weight. when our gear flailed we were munch lighte=
r.&nbsp;I promise to continue to make soft nose landing. I know the factory=20=
can't guarantee the nose gear but this new leg is munch stronger.</FONT></EM=
></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT color=3D#0000ff>Thanks for all your help</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT color=3D#0000ff>Mack </FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

-------------------------------1073750912--