REFLECTOR:To Gas Strut or Not

Ronnie Brown reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 12:18:46 -0500


| There is a newer gas spring which has a higher pressure ( I think it
| is 90 Lbs) So if you have the older spring you should probably
| upgrade.
| Jack


Yes, but be careful.  I had problems with the nose gear not wanting to fall
out, a combination of friction in the system, hydraulic cylinder and the gas
spring which also helps hold the nose gear up before it comes out.  And the
upper spring attach arm bent after the first few operations.  I had to send
mine back and have it straightened and strengthened with a web.  I relocated
the bottom pivot for the gas spring back about 1" and all has worked well
since.  (I had moved it two inches back and it fell out great but it would
not lock the over center.)

Ronnie