REFLECTOR: Cabin Heating

John Dibble reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 29 Feb 2004 17:16:10 -0600


I second Ronnie's comments.  I just replaced with a longer cable so my flapper valve
now sends ALL the air into the cabin.  Big difference!  I'm actually looking forward
to flying next winter.
I also installed a marine bilge blower in the air duct right behind the oil cooler.  I
plan to use this during taxi on hot days to keep the oil cool and during climb out.
Yesterday I climbed at 1500 fpm to 7500 ft.  With the blower off my oil temp steadily
climbed.  When it reached 94 C (201 F) I turned on the blower and the temp stopped
climbing.  The real test will be this summer.

John

Ronnie Brown wrote:

> Jim,
>
> That is precisely how my heater works.  I have an RG and the flapper valve
> was part of the kit.  In the Heat position, it blocks the air flow from
> exiting from the exhaust plenum and forces all of the heated air into the
> cabin.  In the closed position, it blocks off the heat from entering the
> cabin and all of the air goes out the bottom of the fuselage.  Works!
>
> Ronnie