REFLECTOR:Jeff Rose (ElectroAir) Ignition Question

Jim Sower reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 23:03:51 -0600


--------------581459C7E70169E86E56F8B3
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

On my EZ, I used the ground wire and switch off the right mag.
I turned the switch over (so up was ON for both sides),
connected it to 12V instead of ground and ran a short ground
wire from EI to the engine ground.
Only really add one short wire.  Moved the other from ground to
Batt buss .... Jim S..

AnnSam wrote:

> I originally had two slick mags. I replaced the right mag.
> with a Jeff Rose Ignition System after about 250 hrs. The
> install was easy, however, you have to run some new wires to
> provide the electronic ign. system with 12 volts and
> ground.-----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org
> [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On Behalf Of Jack Sheehan
> Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 2:05 PM
> To: reflector@tvbf.org
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Jeff Rose (ElectroAir) Ignition
> Question
>
>
>      Bob,Have you always had the electronic ignition? or
>      did you add it after ? How difficult was the install
>      if you did it later?JackN55XL
>
--
Jim Sower ... Destiny's Plaything
Crossville, TN; Chapter 5
Long-EZ N83RT, Velocity N4095T


--------------581459C7E70169E86E56F8B3
Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en">
<html>
On my EZ, I used the ground wire and switch off the right mag.&nbsp; I
turned the switch over (so up was ON for both sides), connected it to 12V
instead of ground and ran a short ground wire from EI to the engine ground.
<br>Only really add one short wire.&nbsp; Moved the other from ground to
Batt buss .... Jim S..
<p>AnnSam wrote:
<blockquote TYPE=CITE><style type=text/css>BLOCKQUOTE {
	MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px
}
DL {
	MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px
}
UL {
	MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px
}
OL {
	MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px
}
LI {
	MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px
}
</style>
<span class=437252522-25022004><font face="Arial"><font color="#0000FF"><font size=-1>I
originally had two slick mags. I replaced the right mag. with a Jeff Rose
Ignition System after about 250 hrs. The install was easy, however, you
have to run some new wires to provide the electronic ign. system with 12
volts and ground.</font></font></font></span><span class=437252522-25022004></span><span 
class=437252522-25022004></span><font face="Tahoma"><font size=-1>-----Original
Message-----</font></font>
<br><font face="Tahoma"><font size=-1><b>From:</b> reflector-admin@tvbf.org
[<A HREF="mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org">mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org</A>]<b>On Behalf Of </b>Jack Sheehan</font></font>
<br><font face="Tahoma"><font size=-1><b>Sent:</b> Wednesday, February
25, 2004 2:05 PM</font></font>
<br><font face="Tahoma"><font size=-1><b>To:</b> reflector@tvbf.org</font></font>
<br><font face="Tahoma"><font size=-1><b>Subject:</b> Re: REFLECTOR:Jeff
Rose (ElectroAir) Ignition Question</font></font>
<br>&nbsp;
<blockquote dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"><font face="Arial"><font size=-1>Bob,</font></font><font face="Arial"><font size=-1>Have
you always had the electronic ignition? or did you add it after ? How difficult
was the install if you did it later?</font></font><font face="Arial"><font size=-1>Jack</font></font><font face="Arial"><font size=-1>N55XL</font></font></blockquote>
</blockquote>

<p>--
<br>Jim Sower ... Destiny's Plaything
<br>Crossville, TN; Chapter 5
<br>Long-EZ N83RT, Velocity N4095T
<br>&nbsp;</html>

--------------581459C7E70169E86E56F8B3--