REFLECTOR:Small Main Gear Doors

Donald Royer reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:34:03 -0700


------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8
Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII

I followed the instructions in the construction manual, and the edges of the door overlaps the edges of the fuselage opening so the door cannot push in too far. The problem that I had was that as the gear just started down from the up position the outer edge of the small door would catch on the end of the main gear door. 
>From what you say, it seems to me that your's have been fitted quite differently. Do you have access to a construction manual?

Don

----- Original Message ----- 
From: John Dibble 
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Sent: 2/20/04 11:59:10 AM 
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Small Main Gear Doors


Don,
Thanks.  Mine must have been previously fitted because I installed one and it seems to work just fine.  The only possible issue I can see is if the outer edge (opposite the hinge) catches on the gear leg and prevents the leg from locking down.  I'm going to sand that outer edge which will hopefully avoid any catching.  Did you do anything to stop the small door from pushing in past the fuselage opening when the gear is up?

Thanks,
John

Donald Royer wrote:

I have the small main gear doors installed. I didn't realize that the
factory didn't recommend them any more. They were a bit of a pain to
install and to get adjusted so that they worked properly, but once I got
them right they have performed flawlessly. However, I think that they are
probably more trouble than they are worth, and they ever give any trouble
they are gone.

Don


  
[Original Message]
From: John Dibble <aminetech@bluefrog.com>
To: <reflector@tvbf.org>
Date: 2/19/04 7:04:12 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR:Small Main Gear Doors

I have the small main gear doors (SRG Elite), but they are not installed 
and the factory recommends against installing them because they can bind 
and cause problems.  Is anyone using them?

John


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
    
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
  
Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
    


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



  
------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8
Content-Type: text/html; charset=US-ASCII

<HTML style="FONT-SIZE: x-small; FONT-FAMILY: MS Sans Serif"><HEAD><TITLE></TITLE>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content=text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1>
<META content="MSHTML 5.50.4522.1800" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY text=#000000 bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV>I followed the instructions in the construction manual, and the edges of the door overlaps the edges of the fuselage opening so the door cannot push in too far. The problem that I had was that as the gear just started down from the up position the outer edge of the small door would catch on the end of the main gear door. </DIV>
<DIV>From what you say, it seems to me that your's have been fitted quite differently. Do you have access to a construction manual?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Don</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid">
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt Arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
<DIV style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A title=aminetech@bluefrog.com href="mailto:aminetech@bluefrog.com">John Dibble</A> </DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To: </B><A title=reflector@tvbf.org href="mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A></DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> 2/20/04 11:59:10 AM </DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: REFLECTOR:Small Main Gear Doors</DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV><FONT size=2>Don,<BR>Thanks.&nbsp; Mine must have been previously fitted because I installed one and it seems to work just fine.&nbsp; The only possible issue I can see is if the outer edge (opposite the hinge) catches on the gear leg and prevents the leg from locking down.&nbsp; I'm going to sand that outer edge which will hopefully avoid any catching.&nbsp; Did you do anything to stop the small door from pushing in past the fuselage opening when the gear is up?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>John<BR><BR>Donald Royer wrote:<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE cite="mid410-2200425203503170@earthlink.net" type="cite"><PRE wrap="">I have the small main gear doors installed. I didn't realize that the
factory didn't recommend them any more. They were a bit of a pain to
install and to get adjusted so that they worked properly, but once I got
them right they have performed flawlessly. However, I think that they are
probably more trouble than they are worth, and they ever give any trouble
they are gone.

Don


  </PRE>
<BLOCKQUOTE type="cite"><PRE wrap="">[Original Message]
From: John Dibble <A class=moz-txt-link-rfc2396E href="mailto:aminetech@bluefrog.com">&lt;aminetech@bluefrog.com&gt;</A>
To: <A class=moz-txt-link-rfc2396E href="mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">&lt;reflector@tvbf.org&gt;</A>
Date: 2/19/04 7:04:12 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR:Small Main Gear Doors

I have the small main gear doors (SRG Elite), but they are not installed 
and the factory recommends against installing them because they can bind 
and cause problems.  Is anyone using them?

John


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
    </PRE></BLOCKQUOTE><PRE wrap=""><!----><A class=moz-txt-link-freetext href="http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector">http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector</A>
  </PRE>
<BLOCKQUOTE type="cite"><PRE wrap="">Visit the gallery!  <A class=moz-txt-link-abbreviated href="http://www.tvbf.org/gallery">www.tvbf.org/gallery</A>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: <A class=moz-txt-link-abbreviated href="http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail">www.tvbf.org/pipermail</A>
Check old archives: <A class=moz-txt-link-freetext href="http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html">http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html</A>
    </PRE></BLOCKQUOTE><PRE wrap=""><!---->

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit <A class=moz-txt-link-freetext href="http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector">http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector</A>

Visit the gallery!  <A class=moz-txt-link-abbreviated href="http://www.tvbf.org/gallery">www.tvbf.org/gallery</A>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: <A class=moz-txt-link-abbreviated href="http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail">www.tvbf.org/pipermail</A>
Check old archives: <A class=moz-txt-link-freetext href="http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html">http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html</A>



  </PRE></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8--