REFLECTOR:Push Pull Control Cables

Al Gietzen reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 06:23:29 -0800


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01C3F6B0.E45AD1A0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Andy

 

You might check with Lincoln Surplus; I guess called Surplus Center now
www.Surpluscenter.com <http://www.surpluscenter.com/> .  They generally
have a collection of cables of various sizes and quality.  If they have
what you can use you get it at a fraction of normal price.

 

Al

 

All,

 

I am working on connecting up my cabin heater (the non-standard kind)

and I'm going to need a push-pull cable.  The valve has considerably

more resistance than the standard Velocity oil cooler exhaust flap.  For

reliability I want something much sturdier, along the lines of the

aileron cable push pull design.  The solid wire core/lawn mower cable is

not going to work.

 

I have been searching the net trying to find suppliers.  It looks like

Cablecraft and their associated outlets/builders is the most viable

option.  I will need 5" of travel so the cables in McMaster-Carr won't

do it.  I have been talking with the people at HERS Inc. in Kansas City.

Good folks and it looks like they can make the cable.  On the pricey

side ... About $80 for the cable before putting on the ball joint and

the T-handle.

 

Just thought I would check to see if anyone had another source that you

thought I should check with first.

 

Thanks,

 

Andy

 

_______________________________________________

To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

 

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery

user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose

Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail

Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


------=_NextPart_000_0003_01C3F6B0.E45AD1A0
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>

<head>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii">


<meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 10 (filtered)">

<style>
<!--
 /* Font Definitions */
 @font-face
	{font-family:Verdana;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Nimrod;
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 1 2 2 4;}
 /* Style Definitions */
 p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.MsoPlainText, li.MsoPlainText, div.MsoPlainText
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:Nimrod;}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 62.3pt 1.0in 62.3pt;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->
</style>

</head>

<body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vlink=3Dpurple>

<div class=3DSection1>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DVerdana><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:Verdana'>Andy</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 color=3Dblack =
face=3DVerdana><span
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:Verdana;color:black'>&nbsp;</span><=
/font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 color=3Dblack =
face=3DVerdana><span
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:Verdana;color:black'>You might =
check with
Lincoln Surplus; I guess called </span></font><font color=3Dblack =
face=3DVerdana><span
  style=3D'font-family:Verdana;color:black'>Surplus</span></font><font
 color=3Dblack face=3DVerdana><span =
style=3D'font-family:Verdana;color:black'> </span></font><font
  color=3Dblack face=3DVerdana><span =
style=3D'font-family:Verdana;color:black'>Center</span></font><font
color=3Dblack face=3DVerdana><span =
style=3D'font-family:Verdana;color:black'> now <a
href=3D"http://www.surpluscenter.com/">www.Surpluscenter.com</a>. =
&nbsp;They
generally have a collection of cables of various sizes and =
quality.&nbsp; If
they have what you can use you get it at a fraction of normal =
price.</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 color=3Dblack =
face=3DVerdana><span
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:Verdana;color:black'>&nbsp;</span><=
/font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 color=3Dblack =
face=3DVerdana><span
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:Verdana;color:black'>Al</span></fon=
t></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 color=3Dblack =
face=3DVerdana><span
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:Verdana;color:black'>&nbsp;</span><=
/font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>All,</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>I
am working on connecting up my cabin heater (the non-standard =
kind)</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>and
I'm going to need a push-pull cable.&nbsp; The valve has =
considerably</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>more
resistance than the standard Velocity oil cooler exhaust flap.&nbsp; =
For</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>reliability
I want something much sturdier, along the lines of the</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>aileron
cable push pull design.&nbsp; The solid wire core/lawn mower cable =
is</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>not
going to work.</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>I
have been searching the net trying to find suppliers.&nbsp; It looks =
like</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>Cablecraft
and their associated outlets/builders is the most =
viable</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>option.&nbsp;
I will need 5&quot; of travel so the cables in McMaster-Carr =
won't</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>do
it.&nbsp; I have been talking with the people at HERS Inc. in =
</span></font>Kansas
  City.</p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>Good
folks and it looks like they can make the cable.&nbsp; On the =
pricey</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>side
... About $80 for the cable before putting on the ball joint =
and</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>the
T-handle.</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>Just
thought I would check to see if anyone had another source that =
you</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>thought
I should check with first.</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>Thanks,</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>Andy</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>______________________________________________=
_</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>To
change your email address, visit =
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>Visit
the gallery!&nbsp; www.tvbf.org/gallery</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>user:pw
=3D tvbf:jamaicangoose</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>Check
new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoPlainText><font size=3D2 face=3DNimrod><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt'>Check
old archives: =
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html</span></font></p>

</div>

</body>

</html>

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01C3F6B0.E45AD1A0--