REFLECTOR:Hydraulic pump leak

Scott reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 12:49:00 -0700


John,

I keep mine at about 3/4 full.

I check it every couple of months.

Scott

At 12:14 PM 2/16/2004, you wrote:
>Scott,
>My reservoir level looks low (about 1/2) and I was planning to add oil, 
>but after your comments, maybe that's not a good idea.  I haven't noticed 
>any leaks in the 9 months/75 hours I've had my Velocity.  What level do 
>you keep yours at?
>
>John
>
>Scott wrote:
>
>>Mine leaks a small bit in flight.  At first I though it was a high 
>>pressure connection. But i cleaned the unit and determined it was leaking 
>>where your's leaks.
>>
>>Its a bad design in my opinion.  I don't fill it up full any more as it 
>>just leaks out onto the belly of plane, until its about 3/4 full, then 
>>the leak slows to a minor annoyance.
>>
>>Scott
>
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit 
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>


"Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
- Benjamin Franklin