REFLECTOR:Hydraulic pump leak
Tom Martino
reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 09:49:52 -0700
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
------_=_NextPart_001_01C3F4AC.E60F134C
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Are you sure that is where the leak is coming from? I had a leak and it
turned out to be the cap.
=20
=20
-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey Clough [mailto:jclough@alaska.net]=20
Sent: Sunday, February 15, 2004 7:57 PM
To: reflector@awpi.com
Subject: REFLECTOR:Hydraulic pump leak
=20
Anyone have problems with the hydraulic pump leaking between the metal
pump body and the plastic resevoir? When I tilt the pump it leaks from
this area....made a mess when I
was moving the plane to Alaska when all the hydraulic fluid leaked out.
O-ring is intact and appears to be in good shape and the screw on the
bottom is as tight as it can be. I do not want another mess to clean
up and hope I can fix it before putting the pump back in place. Fixes?
THANX Jeff Clough 173RG
------_=_NextPart_001_01C3F4AC.E60F134C
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:st1=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">
<head>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<meta name=3DProgId content=3DWord.Document>
<meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 10">
<meta name=3DOriginator content=3D"Microsoft Word 10">
<link rel=3DFile-List href=3D"cid:filelist.xml@01C3F472.4FAD6A80">
<o:SmartTagType =
namespaceuri=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"
name=3D"PersonName"/>
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:OfficeDocumentSettings>
<o:DoNotRelyOnCSS/>
</o:OfficeDocumentSettings>
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<w:WordDocument>
<w:SpellingState>Clean</w:SpellingState>
<w:GrammarState>Clean</w:GrammarState>
<w:DocumentKind>DocumentEmail</w:DocumentKind>
<w:EnvelopeVis/>
</w:WordDocument>
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]>
<style>
st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }
</style>
<![endif]-->
<style>
<!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
{font-family:Tahoma;
panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;
mso-font-charset:0;
mso-generic-font-family:swiss;
mso-font-pitch:variable;
mso-font-signature:1627421319 -2147483648 8 0 66047 0;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
{mso-style-parent:"";
margin:0in;
margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
{color:blue;
text-decoration:underline;
text-underline:single;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
{color:purple;
text-decoration:underline;
text-underline:single;}
span.EmailStyle17
{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;
mso-ascii-font-family:Arial;
mso-hansi-font-family:Arial;
mso-bidi-font-family:Arial;
color:navy;}
span.GramE
{mso-style-name:"";
mso-gram-e:yes;}
@page Section1
{size:8.5in 11.0in;
margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;
mso-header-margin:.5in;
mso-footer-margin:.5in;
mso-paper-source:0;}
div.Section1
{page:Section1;}
-->
</style>
<!--[if gte mso 10]>
<style>
/* Style Definitions */=20
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0in;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";}
</style>
<![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
</head>
<body bgcolor=3Dwhite lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vlink=3Dpurple =
style=3D'tab-interval:.5in'>
<div class=3DSection1>
<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>Are you sure that is where the leak =
is
coming from? <span style=3D'mso-spacerun:yes'> </span>I had a leak =
and it turned
out to be the cap.<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>
<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'><o:p> </o:p></span></font></p>
<div>
<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D3 color=3Dnavy face=3D"Times New =
Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt;color:navy;mso-no-proof:yes'> </span></fon=
t><o:p></o:p></p>
</div>
<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D2 =
face=3DTahoma><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma'>-----Original =
Message-----<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>From:</span></b> =
</span></font><st1:PersonName><font
size=3D2 face=3DTahoma><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma'>Jeffrey
Clough</span></font></st1:PersonName><font size=3D2 face=3DTahoma><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma'> =
[mailto:jclough@alaska.net<span
class=3DGramE>] <br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>Sent</span></b></span><b><span
style=3D'font-weight:bold'>:</span></b> Sunday, February 15, 2004 7:57 =
PM<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>To:</span></b> =
reflector@awpi.com<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>Subject:</span></b> REFLECTOR<span
class=3DGramE>:Hydraulic</span> pump leak</span></font></p>
<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D3 =
face=3D"Times New Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'><o:p> </o:p></span></font></p>
<div>
<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D3 =
face=3D"Times New Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>Anyone have problems with the hydraulic pump =
leaking
between the metal pump body and the plastic resevoir? When I tilt =
the pump
it leaks from this area....made a mess when =
I<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>
</div>
<div>
<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-left:.5in'><font size=3D3 =
face=3D"Times New Roman"><span
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>was moving the plane to Alaska when all the =
hydraulic
fluid leaked out. O-ring is intact and appears to be in good shape =
and
the screw on the bottom is as tight as it can be. I do =
not
want another mess to clean up and hope I can fix it before putting the =
pump
back in place. Fixes? THANX Jeff
Clough 173RG<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>
</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>
=00
------_=_NextPart_001_01C3F4AC.E60F134C--