REFLECTOR:Franklin and Rose ignition

John Dibble reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 07 Feb 2004 22:41:26 -0600


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------090100060008080705080407
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Jeff,
My SRG/Franklin has a single Rose plus a mag.  I bought my Velocity with 
205 hours, so I don't have the details about the installation.  Last 
summer I checked the settings and they were quite advanced from where 
the instructions specify.  I changed the settings per the manual/Jeff 
Rose and it ran poorly and backfired, so I put the settings back where I 
found them and it runs fine.

John

Jeffrey Clough wrote:

> Has ANYONE got acceptable performance from the Rose DUAL electronic 
> ignition and a Franklin engine?     If not, and you are using a single 
> Rose electronic ignition, what is being used for the other ignition 
> source?  Mag?  Different electronic ignition?    THANX                
> Jeff Clough


--------------090100060008080705080407
Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
  <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1">
  <title></title>
</head>
<body text="#000000" bgcolor="#ffffff">
Jeff,<br>
My SRG/Franklin has a single Rose plus a mag.&nbsp; I bought my Velocity
with 205 hours, so I don't have the details about the installation.&nbsp;
Last summer I checked the settings and they were quite advanced from
where the instructions specify.&nbsp; I changed the settings per the
manual/Jeff Rose and it ran poorly and backfired, so I put the settings
back where I found them and it runs fine.<br>
<br>
John<br>
<br>
Jeffrey Clough wrote:<br>
<blockquote type="cite"
 cite="mid002201c3ede9$baec7f50$102bc1d1@jeffreyhome">
  <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; ">
  <meta content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name="GENERATOR">
  <style></style>
  <div>Has ANYONE got acceptable performance from the Rose DUAL
electronic ignition and a Franklin engine?&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; If not, and you are
using a single Rose electronic ignition, what is being used for the
other ignition source?&nbsp; Mag?&nbsp; Different electronic ignition?&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
THANX&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; Jeff Clough</div>
</blockquote>
</body>
</html>

--------------090100060008080705080407--